What the fuc%

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Jumped in the truck today (2012 f250) fired her up. Ran 5-10 seconds, shut down and display said safely stop now. Would not crank afterwards, same readout om dash display. Called my rep, no ideas over the phone . Rollback picking her up right now. 10290 miles, DAMN IT!!!!!!

FallenAuthority

Reaction score
Are you serious? Or being sarcastic?

I know very little about a 6.7 but starting to look into them...are they that sensitive?

Dead serious. If an EGT sensor fails and sends a maxed out reading to the pcm it runs for a few seconds and shuts off and wont allow you to crank it. Its a fail safe.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yup that happened to my company truck let it cool down and it fired right up. Dealership replaced the sensor under warranty now I have 150k on it.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dead serious. If an EGT sensor fails and sends a maxed out reading to the pcm it runs for a few seconds and shuts off and wont allow you to crank it. Its a fail safe.

Makes sense I supposed. 6.4 the same way?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Makes sense I supposed. 6.4 the same way?

to my knowledge they are

i did a test with my 6.7, when we did the dpf delete before we tuned it we started the truck and see how long it would run. It ran for less than 5 seconds and died. put the tuner on it and we were off to the races.

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Service writer called me a couple hours after tow truck left and ask me what was wrong with the truck. Told her what it did, she said it started right up when she checked it in, but had a CEL. Hopefully the CEL will tell them something.

12stroker

Reaction score
Like I said before that happened to my company truck. They towed it in and when they went to check it it fired right up. But it had a cel and it a code for the egr exhaust sensor.

Latest posts

Members online