Seat Belt Q

caladash

Reaction score
We have a 2000 Ex and with a 4th kid on the way it got me thinking. Our oldest is 5 and uses a booster seat. Thinking about seating configurations down the road I noticed the middle and rear benches have only lap belts for the center seats while the sides have shoulder belts. Does anyone know if any year Excursion during their production came wth shoulder belts for the center seats? Our Expedition had the shoulder belts incorporated into the seat themselves. Not sure if newer Excursions have them.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I've had a 00 ex and have rode in many year models including the last year ever which was an 05 ex. All the ones I've ever been in have been lariats or Eddie bower editions and they all have had lap belts in the center of the rear seats

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting Captain seats in the middle but keeping the bench. So that way the kids can get in and out easily. I have 5 kids.

caladash

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting Captain seats in the middle but keeping the bench. So that way the kids can get in and out easily. I have 5 kids.

That sounds like a good idea! I may consider that but would hate to lose a seat. We got our fourth kid on the way and this is the only family wagon we will own. The rear row leg room is much better than the new SUVs we looked at.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Well if you have 4 kids you can put 2 in the rear (remember it sits 3) and 2 in the middle and that still leaves room for 1 more in the back. But I am keeping the bench for trips where I would have an extra person. But for now I have 5 kids and with captain seats in the middle that's 5 seats. All I would have to do is pen the door and everybody in. No more kids climbing over the seat or having to pull them back out so I can move the seat foward for the rug rats in the back back.

caladash

Reaction score
True! I just would hate to lose a seat. We use the Ex when my parents come down in the camper. A lost seat means someone walks! I really wish they had put the shoulder belts for the center seats.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Its really too bad they didn't make the bench and buckets use the same mounting. 90% of the time I love the buckets but that 10% it would be awesome to have a bench. If it was a direct fit I would have the bench seat sitting in the garage for when I need it.

As for the shoulder belt could you make one? It might be ugly but could work. I put one in the rear seat of a crew cab. But its attached to the floor and the back wall not sure how you would do it in the Ex.

snoracerx

Reaction score
Its really too bad they didn't make the bench and buckets use the same mounting. 90% of the time I love the buckets but that 10% it would be awesome to have a bench. If it was a direct fit I would have the bench seat sitting in the garage for when I need it.

As for the shoulder belt could you make one? It might be ugly but could work. I put one in the rear seat of a crew cab. But its attached to the floor and the back wall not sure how you would do it in the Ex.

They do mount the same a bench bolts in in place if the buckets when you go from bench to buckets you have to drill two holes

Sent from my iPhone

fordman2121

Reaction score
So I could just slide in the bench! Well I looked at a few others and looked like different. I may have to find a decent bench then.