batmo with diverter valve

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Here some pics and videos of our customers truck we put a bd turbo pesdistal and diverter valve kit on with a 66/71/.76 t3 housing on with batmo race cover
truck still needs a tune for non vgt so spool up will be better after the tunes get here

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 236
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 202
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 194
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 181
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
looks like that last vid is the truck just cruising and it's north of 1000. pretty warm...how big are the injectors?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
looks like that last vid is the truck just cruising and it's north of 1000. pretty warm...how big are the injectors?

yes 190cc injectors with standard tune for stock injectors and turbo new tune comes in tonight and will have new videos

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
really? 66 with 190's? i'm stoked to see how this turns out once it's tuned. I have 190/100's and I'm itchin to step up the turbo but never thought a 66 would be streetable...

strokin6L

Reaction score
pics look good craig. Can't wait to see how it runs with some new tuning. Does the turbo actually bolt to the BD pedistal? It didn't see anywhere where it was bolted. I think i saw where the diverter valve bolted to the pedistal under the turbine housing.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
suggestion, set up the pid for RPM next to boost when you test the new tunes so you can see when it really starts to spool up.

Looking forward to new videos

Extended Power

Reaction score
What are you seeing for drive pressure to the 66?
Did you adjust the opening pressure of the diverter valve? ( I found that it is set way too low to be very effective.)

Extended Power

Reaction score
I set mine to 15 psi, but need to change the boost reference point to the secondary output instead of the primary.
I just played with different springs and shims.
The nut is not used for adjusting the pressure.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Isn't set from BD to start opening at around 8psi Ivan?

Mine seemed to start opening between 6-8 psi.
I want it to be well over the laggy part before it opens, but I don't want too much drive pressure either.

Never had too much time to play with it yet, but using the primarys discharge pressure to open it is a mistake...lol...I had over 50 psi drive pressure before it started to open up....at one point on a quick burst of the peddle, I saw over 80 psi boost, and the drive pressure gauge was past 100 psi...lol....backed out of it right away....

Members online

No members online now.