How is the sand in galveston?

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Taking my F-250 to the beach. Do these trucks sink easy out there?

I have 285/75/16 tires that I plan on airing down to 15-18psi.

20130711_133341.jpg

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
All depends where you drive, and how close to the water you are really
If you get up on the dunes "which is illegal, last I looked" you'll find the soft stuff

Where in galveston are you going?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Just depends on where you drive, the further from the water the more loose it is and the easier it is to get stuck, the closer to the water the flatter and more packed the sand is the less chance there is of getting stuck.

VanoFord

Reaction score
for the most part, you will be fine. toss the truck in 4 and roll. as most said, stay away from the dunes as they are the softest. Dont speed on the beach! 15mph fyi. And if you go to the San Luis Pass, avoid the dunes just south of the toll bridge: that stuff is super fluff (ask me how I know).

I hope to hit up SLP in the next few weeks after I sell my house. Take pics if you get stuck :)

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Well I don't plan on doing anything crazy. I just want to pull up close to the water, get my 10x10 pop up out and cooler and hang out and do nothing.

I like doing nothing.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Closer up to where we are staying. You can see the trails...

Knowing me and my laziness I will just stay in that little area and not drive anywhere haha.

image001-1.png

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Where those cars are parked is the best place to drive with the lowest risk of getting stuck. Getting through the loose sand to that point can be a different story at times though. Also pressure wash the underside of your truck, there is a lot of salt in the air down there and stuff rust fast.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I think They have poles there from the "dunes" to the water to prevent you for driving down the beach so you won't be going far anyway

dirk0

Reaction score
I have the same tires, only they are 265\75's. I didn't have an issue at all at 45-50psi.

swinky

Reaction score
I currently owe $600 to crystal beach due to tickets. Both for spinning in 2wd. I got a ticket for "donuts" while doing a U turn.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
I would just like to say that I didn't even have to lower my air pressure and I just crawled over top of everything. I was really surprised as I saw 4x4 half tons having troubles in some spots that I went through without even spinning. I even pulled out a 2wd f-150 that some lady got stuck.

have to admit it was kind of fun, even with the limited beach driving I did.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Next time go a bit further down until you hit SLP. there are trails, both north and south of the toll bridge, and typically the water on the bay side is a lot calmer than the gulf side. glad you had a good time.

01platinum

Reaction score
We are headed to Galveston next weekend. Not really sure were we will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

zilla68

Reaction score
We are headed to Galveston next weekend. Not really sure were we will be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

we just got back from galveston from a cruise, and I'll tell you that's got to be one of the nastiest beaches I've been to, trash and cig butts everywhere, but Cozumel, that's a beach!!