need three hitches in one.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Truck is a shortbed. So keep that in mind. Currently has a B&W turnover ball. with the normal and 6" set back ball. My parents are purchasing a Fifth wheel shortly and I am trying to figure out the best way to be able to tow it. Mainly just for taking it for the weekend here and there. My fathers truck will have an auto slider so he will be all set. I found the B&W fifth wheel attachment but with a shortbed I really need a slider. Is there any other way aside from putting a regular sliding fifth wheel and bed rails over the top of my goose hitch? Obviously I would only have to purchase the rail kit as there is no need for me and my father to both have separate set ups. But I really didn't want to put bed rails in, they sucked when loading stuff into my old truck.

Next issue. Purchasing a new enclosed gooseneck that is not a v nose like my current one So I need an extended gooseneck pin. Just curious what brand people have used that is good. And how much extension is really needed. Looks like most the ones I see are 16" which seems like a lot.

Yes, All these issue just because I had to go buy a shortbed...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
B&w used to make an offset pintle for the trailers to keep them off the cab in the short bed trucks. May look into that. I do know if you all b&w direct, they will tell you exactly what you can and can't do

dasboot

Reaction score
There is a co. That makes off set gooseneck adapters. I don't know the name but if I remember I will look at my catalog tomorrow at work. I pulled a Fiver with my 6 ft bed and could 90deg and not hit the cab but all are not built the same

hiniker88

Reaction score
I think pullrite makes a slider that uses the b&w hitch. But I'm sure it its expensive just like the rest of there stuff

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just saw it for the first time. I guess just last month B&W came out with a sliding 5th wheel set up that uses the under bed turnover ball set up. That will be perfect. Then I can just add a turnover ball to my fathers truck. I will be able to use the camper, and he will be able to use my enclosed.

So that just leave me figuring out the extended gooseneck coupler and Im all set

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Solved my issue
image_zps3aadb5f2.jpg

The sticker price is kinda shocking. But after seeing it and moving it. I am surprised it was not more money. Very well built. And takes two people to lift it even with the coupler removed. Going to pick up the camper in a little bit and see how it works.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Hitch worked perfect. Very nice. And not so much as a click on the hour long ride home.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
That looks nice. B&W makes nice stuff. I machined some parts so I could keep using my Companion in my 12' with the ford ball. I won't use the Ford hitch. I can't take the rattle. The side to side shock absorber is nice for that.

Just make sure the bolts stay tight on the uprights to the saddles. It will start making a popping noise. I need to take mine apart and re locktite them after my last trip.

Latest posts

Members online