New OBS fuel system kit

Tom S

Reaction score
Did you guys see these yet.

http://shop.strictlydiesel.com/store.php/products/OBS_Regulated_Return

998_image.png

Tom S

Reaction score
I did my own too and it came out nice. I probably would buy this though if I did not already have mine done. His fuel system work is always very nice stuff. I kinda like that he does the regulator off the the side instead of centered like I have mine. Cleaner valley and more wrenching room is a nice feature.

Petro

Reaction score
Very True, can never have enough room under the hood. Never know when your going to want to add another couple turbos or somthing LOL

Duradan

Reaction score
got this on my truck, great kit, very clean, all steel braided lines makes for a good clean ALMOST stock look, lol... just gotta mount a remote fuel pressure gauge.
The gaube that mounts to the kit is known to crack with all the vibration of our diesels...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I suspect that you have a Super Duty fuel bowl delete modified to fit your truck since these were just released and the only OBS specific kits that have been installed were done by me personally.

The gauges are decent, most of the time. I've been through several different manufacturers and they are all made in china and none of them will reliably live if left installed. I paid 2x as much for all S.S. gauges and they still failed (some, not all). The marshalls look good and most people have no issues, but we still recommend not leaving them installed long term just because we'd rather customers not take a chance.

Duradan

Reaction score
I suspect that you have a Super Duty fuel bowl delete modified to fit your truck since these were just released and the only OBS specific kits that have been installed were done by me personally.

The gauges are decent, most of the time. I've been through several different manufacturers and they are all made in china and none of them will reliably live if left installed. I paid 2x as much for all S.S. gauges and they still failed (some, not all). The marshalls look good and most people have no issues, but we still recommend not leaving them installed long term just because we'd rather customers not take a chance.

exactly, me and Chris at Jefferson State Diesel installed it... no more fuel bowl BS

Tom S

Reaction score
Good info about those Marshall Gauges Dennis. I might have to pull mine off and stick a plug in there.

Driven I believe is the manufacturing side of the company.

jwlandry

Reaction score

are you speaking of the guages on the fuel lab regulators? Is there anything to do to make them last? Mine has been screwed into the reg. for a little better then a year now with no issues so far. (knocks on wood).

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Driven diesel performance??
Tom is correct. Strictly Diesel is our Retail and Service division. Driven Diesel is the manufacturing and wholesale division. Not worth going into the business reasoning behind 2 divisions...lets just say it works better this way.

are you speaking of the guages on the fuel lab regulators? Is there anything to do to make them last? Mine has been screwed into the reg. for a little better then a year now with no issues so far. (knocks on wood).
Yes, those gauges. We've got some out there that are still installed after YEARS, and others that have puked their guts out in 30 days. It's sad, but it got to a point where the freight to replace the gauges was costing me more than the gauges themselves, so we just had to adopt a "no warranty" policy on them and recommend that they only be used for "setup and testing".

It has ALWAYS been my recommendation that anyone doing modified fuel systems should have an in-cab gauge anyway. If you really want to monitor fuel pressure, get an electric gauge like those offered by AutoMeter or others...much more accurate and much more reliable.

Latest posts

Members online