Fuel additives

Short Bus

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else is running a fuel additive in these? I run schaeffers diesel treat in everything else I own and didn't know if it would help or hurt the 6.7 and its wonderful emissions equipment.

Unclesams_PSD

Reaction score
I have ran the motorcraft additive since day one in my truck. Every tank in the winter and every other tank in the summer. I figured it could not hurt with all of the "water in the fuel system" horror stories that I have read about.

Fyrman25

Reaction score
I also run motorcraft additive. The service writer at the dealership where I bought the truck, recommended I run it. I run it every other tank.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Unless there's bad feedback I will probably continue to run schaeffers in mine. In my high hp 7.3 it does show a gain in the mpg department and also comes in with lower egt's and smoke. I know on a bone stock 6.7 egt's and smoke shouldn't be a problem but anything to help mileage and longevity is a plus.

johnboy27

Reaction score
I run the Ford Diesel Cetain. I put it in every tank and have since I bought the truck.

Spindrift

Reaction score
Just started with the Motor craft cetane booster & performance improver. Funny thing though, nowhere on the bottle does it say anything about helping with water in the fuel. I wonder if FoMoCo does that to avoid liability.