rear cab vents

txoutlaw250

Reaction score
I recently put a system in my '07 Outlaw, and at the beginning of the process I removed the two air vents behind the rear seat and sealed them off. I'm just wondering are there any consequences of doing so? I don't drive it much at all, and haven't driven it enough to tell if there has been any effect. Does it have any affect on the a/c system? Thanks.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It will make the doors harder to close. It possibly may be harder on the cooling and heating systems as well since there is no way for the air to escape the cab. I have one of mine completely blocked off and the other most of the be way blocked. It still flows air but not much.

Bigdiezel

Reaction score
I think you will notice a pressure change, when closing the door/doors with all the windows rolled up. Your passengers should notice it aswell. If you try to shut the door very lightly , it will not close completely.

Twan

Reaction score
I did that to my 2004 and my 2006, over 100,000 miles like that. Like said doors are harder to shut, can hear wind from the key hole, and under the dash has a place to let air out. AC heat all still works great.

Latest posts

Members online