back up camera install help

Strictlysmoke

Reaction score
I currently have the backup camera that is viewed from the rear view mirror, but i just recently purchased an oem navigation unit and was wondering how to get the rear view picture to come up in the navigation unit as well. I don't want to have crappy signal when viewing the video when I'm backing up. Any ideas?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
just gotta split the signal up in the A-pilar. assuming this is an 08 or newer.

Strictlysmoke

Reaction score
No I did not try to do it, heard from other people that the picture is not clear and did not want to have 2 crappy backup images. So I decide just to stick with my backup screen in the rear view mirror

sredmyer

Reaction score
This is a simple mod to do and should not create a "crappy" image on either display. If the image is crappy then something is not hooked up right. Check out www.4DTech.com the have lots of things for upgrading the OEM navigation systems in these trucks and they offer really good support too.

08Monster

Reaction score
I have the mirror that has the screen built in, but no camera in back. Are they all prewired for them?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

12stroker

Reaction score
B3705D91-7E89-4DAE-9DE8-7506429BBA17_zpsoc3xtmhi.jpg

I split mine in the pillar. But no I do not think they come prewired.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Nice split, is that the factory camera in the rear tailgate? Do you know if all the trucks have that wiring to the pillar from the back or it would have to be run if it didn't have it from the factory? 08 XL

12stroker

Reaction score
Let me see if I can find photos of it when I did it. My truck didn't come with a factory nav but did have the back up camera from factory. So when I added it I had to find the factory head unit I split the wires on the passenger side kick panel behind the glove box. It was a pita but I got it done.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.