6.7 egr delete help

HP_STROKER

Reaction score
Ok so I just purchased a mini Maxx with the high sulphur unlock code, a full 5 inch exhaust, sinister egr delete kit, H&S universal pyro kit, and an S&B intake.

My question is... Can I leave the cooler and just put the block off plates?
The guy I ordered everything from said I could. But when I had my 6.7 dodge I just unplugged the 2 plugs to the egr and didn't even buy the egr kit.

Also when you unplug everything out of the dpf, can you just leave it tied up by the frame? Like def injector etc. I hadn't taken a close look yet at the DPF on this truck.

Thanks!
:fordoval:

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Remove all exhaust component connectors when exhaust removal. The def injector will stay with exhaust.
You can remove egr pipes and install block offs but the cooler will still have coolant from the intake coolant ports

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you are doing all that may as well just take it off. But yes you can run just the blocker plates.

HP_STROKER

Reaction score
I just have my orange connector unplugged.

Well some people told me I could do that, and others have said on the new 6.7 powerstrokes, that they need the egr delete kit. So I bought it but looks like a pain in the @$$. The H&S installation manual says to unplug the 1 or 2 orange plugs. I'm just worried about any complications in the long run if I just unplug them.

Bavaria

Reaction score
Well some people told me I could do that, and others have said on the new 6.7 powerstrokes, that they need the egr delete kit. So I bought it but looks like a pain in the @$$. The H&S installation manual says to unplug the 1 or 2 orange plugs. I'm just worried about any complications in the long run if I just unplug them.
Hello there,
how did you proceed with that EGR delete?
Just the 1 or 2 connectors ( how many are there really?) unplugged?
I plan to do the same thing and am curious as how tricky it is. I am not a mechanic and want to fiddle in the engine compartment as little as possible.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score

Full delete better. Not good for the valve and can clog up your intake manifold. At the very least use block off plates from No limit Fab

Hello there,
how did you proceed with that EGR delete?
Just the 1 or 2 connectors ( how many are there really?) unplugged?
I plan to do the same thing and am curious as how tricky it is. I am not a mechanic and want to fiddle in the engine compartment as little as possible.

2 orange harness connections(butterfly valve and the one on top of egr cooler)

oscard0215

Reaction score
Full delete better. Not good for the valve and can clog up your intake manifold. At the very least use block off plates from No limit Fab

so will going the block off plate route, will that be better for the valve and not clog up the intake manifold?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.