EBC Brakes

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of Greenstuff supreme and the sport rotors for my 02 f250 ccsb 4x4. Anyone know where to get them besides autoanything. Thanks in advance!

TARM

Reaction score
Yes. I have found yellows best for perf

They are all I use as well. Rotors and pads.

Golfer,

Why the greens in the rear and not yellow all the way around?

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Thanks TARM! Did you ever do your oil bypass that you had a big detailed post about on the other site if so i would really like to know how you did it and what all you used because I can get all of the stuff that you was talking about over there and very cheap!

TARM

Reaction score
I have it sitting on the work bench. I just need to install it but was waiting to see where I settled on final placement with the fuel system parts. But it will use the port by the oil filter for feed and return and will be mounted inside the frame rail ( fuel system is outside) run horizontally with and extra loop for support at the base of the filter as it is holding 4 qts of oil. The 3 qt Donaldson ELF I use as the primary is plenty heavy and yet still's a qt less than the luberfiner bypass filter.

The only thing with the Yellows I have more of is dust but I am willing to deal with that for the increased performance. Getting ready to upgrade even the wife's van to them rotors as well. I may go with the USR instead of the 3GD rotors though for her as they do not make the sound the dimples of the latter create.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
This is my first Ford I have drove dodges my whole life but got tired of the damn things fallin apart all the time. My last truck was a 97 one ton and in two years we put nearly 20 grand in it to keep it runnin so i said screw it and got me this truck I have now. It was the best thing i have done in a long time! Thats why I ask because this 7.3 is still a little foreign as far as the little things like the hpx and such to get it to run better!

Aaron S

Reaction score
The yellows offer great stopping power for the front on slotted rotors for me, but I cant get them to operate without squeaking. The hotter they are the worse they squeak. The yellows dont seem to stop any better without the slotted and dimpled rotors though.

No complaints about the greens though, better stopping and no noise once the break in compound is worn off.

golfer

Reaction score
Jonathan runs the Yellow @ front...Greens on rear...

on new factory rotors...and absolutely raves about the stopping ability...

his front wheels are ALWAYS coated in brake dust...

I just did the Powerslotted on both the Exc and my 250...with the P'slot pads..might toss some yellows on the front of the Exc...its such a heavy bi*ch

but for daily driving...the PSlots seem to be solid with much less dust than the yellows on jons truck

FWIW

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
I talked to a rep for EBC today and he told me that the greenstuff supreme has the same stopping power as the yellows do without the dust. He recommended that for me since the only thing I pull is my taxidermy shop on wheels aka a 36ft gooseneck enclosed trailer a few times a year to Texas and back. He said that the Greenstuff supreme is the best all around brake for 3/4 and one ton trucks they make. Also said that the sport rotors were what would be best with them so I ordered a set for the front since my rotors right now are warped so bad that it shakes my whole front end when I try to stop.

chappy

Reaction score
This is a Super Duty 7.3 engine aftermarket and performance area.

This does not include cosmetic stuff, exhaust tips, stacks, wheels, tires, lifts, etc.

This area is for aftermarket 7.3 engine and 4R100 transmission and tuning talk .... pretty much everything else belongs somewhere else.

Please find the correct forum before posting.

You must not have read this first like it says. Just saying

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
You show me where I should have put it and Ill see if I can get it moved! Damn board nazi.LOL The other brake thread was already goin so I thought it was ok.

Last edited:

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I have Yellowstuff all around F350 and Greenstuff on front of X right now. O'Riellys lifetime-warranty rotors. Best pads I've used yet, supreme stopping power Hot and Cold, with no fade when used HARD. I had a caliper lock up and SMOKE one of the Greenstuff pads a couple months ago (like 15k miles) and it didn't even warp the rotor!! Its clear it got HOT, but no shakey... Pads STILL stop good, but I've got a full set of Yellowstuff here to go all the way around X. I'll go ahead and throw new front rotors on at same time since they do have a 'no questions asked' warranty deal.

I find dust is similar to 'stock' pads and haven't experienced any noise yet. The Greenstuff may have a little less dust than Yellowstuff - but I don't mind dust if I can STOP whenever I want.

To the guy with noise, did you use the 'isolators'/little shim deals that go between pads and caliper? Did you burnish the new pads properly? What kind of rotors? If all that was done properly, you can always put a coat of 'brake quiet' on the pads (between pad and caliper). Brake noise is due to high-frequency vibration.

There are no braking benefits to drilled, slotted or otherwise molested rotors. Get a good set of pads and ya won't have rotor-warping issues anymore. That money is better spent on charity than brakes! Of course, they do LOOK GOOD! LOL

average

Reaction score
Well all this talk about brakes, I'm getting close to needing a set anyhow. Ordered regular 6000 series green pads for the rear, and 7000 HD pads for the front. We'll see after I install them.

chappy

Reaction score
You show me where I should have put it and Ill see if I can get it moved! Damn board nazi.LOL The other brake thread was already goin so I thought it was ok.

I'm just letting you know. Some mods get annoyed by it so thats why they stickied that saying. I would say the drivetrain section or superduty saftermarket section. is probably where.

TARM

Reaction score
I talked to a rep for EBC today and he told me that the greenstuff supreme has the same stopping power as the yellows do without the dust. He recommended that for me since the only thing I pull is my taxidermy shop on wheels aka a 36ft gooseneck enclosed trailer a few times a year to Texas and back. He said that the Greenstuff supreme is the best all around brake for 3/4 and one ton trucks they make. Also said that the sport rotors were what would be best with them so I ordered a set for the front since my rotors right now are warped so bad that it shakes my whole front end when I try to stop.

You may know this but just in case the 3GD rotors that you got will make a some noise under braking. It not squeal or anything like annoying that but more of a air noise coming from the sound of the pads going over the dimples and slots. Just so you do not think something is wrong. I am not so sure about the greens. Now I know they are the new formula not the standard greens but and the pads do vary per application but I have seen many comments in the auto forums of how they tend to eat up the rotors much faster. I guess it makes sense as less dust maybe shows its a much harder pad and if it has , better stopping power its will have more bit and that all may point to faster wearing of the rotor. Not really sure.

I know from personal use the yellow stop very well but without a doubt do produce dust. But are quiet and seem to work well all around. Maybe call back and as about the effect on rotor wear between the pads. Something I never thought to do before.

Here is what looks to be a good review of a setup close to what you are doing http://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...eenstuff-brake-pads-ebc-slotted-rotors-38502/ So far seems to be very positive. Those new greens maybe the thing to go with after all. Need to see some more reviews.

Last edited:

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Tarm I have scrapped the Ebc rotors idea talked to a guy today that has had two pairs and both cracked while he was pulling a trailer that weighs far less than what I pull on a grade that shouldnt have done anything so I am thinking about just goin with a good rotor I dont know what yet but something that doesnt cost a arm for and get the supreme pads. The guy has had the supreme for a few months now and he absolutely loves em! I just spent 2 grand on rims so dust is very much a consideration on what pad I go with!

Latest posts

Members online