Yet another "help me choose aftermarket headlights" thread

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Looking at 3 different options currently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0700806346&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0319516445&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0549142740&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Currently leaning toward option #2. I think they would look pretty slick on my truck, but I can't decide if the full clear (option 1) would look better or not.
I like that option 3 is all one piece and the projectors are neat, but buying 2 sets of HID's for the separate high/low bulbs would drive the cost waaaay up. Would HID's even be needed in the projectors? Plus I'd have to find some mylar or some other way to make the outer trim chrome... black wouldn't look good on my truck.
Thoughts, suggestions...

superduty4x4

Reaction score
a kid i know got the 3rd ones. def FUGLY in person and on the truck. my vote is #2 all the way..
Good to know!
I'm thinking #2 will look good with the dark colored stripe on my truck. I'm going to be getting a stock chrome grille and I'll paint the recessed parts black which I think will help pull it together nicely.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I dont like the gay little Blue LED's... I prefer the factory looking ones with clear lens. But thats just me.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well i agee with the closer to stock. but the fact that he is going with a black theme makes the others look better. you can always unhook the leds...

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Go with the three piece ones chase.. the 1st and 2nd ones look good but I've heard its a pain to align the 2 piece ones and the three piece ones come smoked if that's what your looking at..

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Go with the three piece ones chase.. the 1st and 2nd ones look good but I've heard its a pain to align the 2 piece ones and the three piece ones come smoked if that's what your looking at..

What you've heard and what I've heard are different. Don't want smoked lenses but I'm well aware they are available.

oneton

Reaction score
garrett wearewierd69 on psn has the second ones,he said they were pretty good.i think he changed the blue leds out for amber.those are the ones i would go with if it was me.

i need to order some for my truck one day

V97F350

Reaction score
My kid said I had a couple boxes delivered today! Must be my new Headlights! I ordered the Bronco ones. I'm a bit busy tonight however I guess I'll be a bit BUSIER!