2 simple questions

TurboM700

Reaction score
I'm sure these have been answered before but me and the search engine dont alawys get along then I get side tracked and the next thing you know I'm buying a gt4204 for my truck.:pimp:

Two simple questoins
1st
I have a tranny temp gauge and I have an extra sender for it. I want put the extra sensor someplace where it will read oil temp. Then have both of them go to a simple 2 postions switch that I can flip back and forth so I can get trans and engine oil temp.
So where is a good place to get oil temp from?

2nd question
Next week I will be pulling a 5th wheel and a pontoon together. Total length of 62 feet and no more then 6k in weigth. But I'm going to do a tranny service and install at bigger trans cooler. Both of those are no issues for me.

I'm wondering what a good over the counter trans fluid? (Dont say amsoil) I lost my tranmission in my OBS because of that CRAP not to mention countless sled motors.

Last time I did the flush was when I bought the truck and that was with 50k on her and now I'm almost at 100k. Fluid looks great and all but its time for something new. When I flushed it at 50k I used cheap O'rileys ATF. All though it worked good I noticed that the TC seems to have a higher stall to it. In other words I'm looking for a ATF that has a higher viscoity.

Thanks
Mike

Tom S

Reaction score
IF you have a 1/8" inch sender I would look at the plug right by the oil filter on the cooler end.

TurboM700

Reaction score
IF you have a 1/8" inch sender I would look at the plug right by the oil filter on the cooler end.

Good because that exactly where I just got done putting it.:clapping:

Now on too the transmission tomorrow

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

sniper_101

Reaction score
Will cutting the wires/adding a switch for the temp sender units alter the resistance/precision of the reading to the gauge? May want to call the gauge maker and ask . . . although they'll probably just try to sell you a 2nd gauge kit.

dmd

Reaction score
When I was changing my stock fluid I asked Brian from BTS on the fluid. He said Walmart fluid was just fine for a stock trans. I ran it for many miles while running too much
power to the trans and towing too fast uphill... Fluid didnt give out, and failure
that caused me to get a BTS was not fluid related. Brian said the fluid looked
just fine when they pulled the trans apart..

With the BTS it will be Schafers (Cuz Brian said so)

TurboM700

Reaction score
Will cutting the wires/adding a switch for the temp sender units alter the resistance/precision of the reading to the gauge? May want to call the gauge maker and ask . . . although they'll probably just try to sell you a 2nd gauge kit.

Thought the same thing measured the resitance in the wire before and after the switch and there less then 1 ohm change. I think I can live with this.

Havent gotten around to doing the tranny flush hopefully tonght I will pick some up and Fleet Farm and ger it done.

Latest posts

Members online