Help! 6.7 lost power

HP_STROKER

Reaction score
Driving to work this morning with cruise control set at 75 and all of a sudden I hear a bang or pop of some sort and black smoke is pouring out the tail pipe and I feel the truck loosing power. A week ago I installed mini max, intake, and exhaust. Under the hood is a small black streaky area of black oil. Looks to have come from the turbo. Truck still runs but a little rougher with no boost from the turbo? Has anyone had this happen or know of it happening? I had it on tow level and do not rag on my truck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 112

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you have a dealer good with the mods have it taken there sounds like the turbo shot craps. Or if you want to just solve the problem call spe or mpd. I don't think RCD has their kit out yet.

Sent from my I fone 5

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
If you have a dealer good with the mods have it taken there sounds like the turbo shot craps. Or if you want to just solve the problem call spe or mpd. I don't think RCD has their kit out yet.

Sent from my I fone 5

How common is it to find a dealer that is good with mods being on the truck? I'm looking to get out of my 6.0 and get into a 6.7.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
For me it was just a dealer that my family and I already used. I talked to the service manager before I did everything to the truck and they just told me they didnt care but if anything blew up put it back to stock before I brought it in. If my turbo went now I would just put an after market turbo on before I had to put all that crap back on though LOL

12stroker

Reaction score
Well the op got his truck going again it was one of the pipes from the cooler that's on the drivers side of truck it split in half. The part was 130 dollars dealer had it in stock.

Last edited:

Mpoage

Reaction score
Well the op got his truck going again it was one of the pipes from the cooler that's on the drivers side of truck it split in half.

Those plastic ones do have a tendency to crack or come completely apart. I've seen it several times on cab and chassis trucks here at the dealer.

Latest posts

Members online