Adjustable trac bar

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Has anyone here made a adjustable trac bar before? I am going up to a 5'' lift and have researched and found out I will need a longer one. I can build things pretty well and want to build it myself but am not 100% sure. I am thinking 2'' .25'' wall dom tubing with a bushing at one end and the heim joint at the other. What do you guys think?

moose99psd

Reaction score
if you do heim heim then you can just spin it to where you want it and jam nut it.. if it twists back and forth that wont hurt anything. i dont see where 2" would be difficult to fit.. but its deff overkill 1.5 or 1.75 would be sufficient

davey99ps

Reaction score
I had made 1 out of 1.75 .250 wall dom, I used heims on both ends an it worked great.....till I lifted the truck past the point of using a normal trackbar. I believe PMF offers 1 for like $130 roughly, an buy the time you buy joints an tubing you won't be saving much over diy, just something to consider.

Last edited:

davey99ps

Reaction score
After pricing some joints and tubing I thought about that.

Keep in mind, when pricing joints, you'll wanna use quality joints from either ballistic or QA1. They are better, stronger an last longer, but also cost more. I'm all for fabbing your own parts, but sometimes it just makes more sense to buy the part you need instead of making it

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Keep in mind, when pricing joints, you'll wanna use quality joints from either ballistic or QA1. They are better, stronger an last longer, but also cost more. I'm all for fabbing your own parts, but sometimes it just makes more sense to buy the part you need instead of making it

I was pricing ballistic and some other offload places joints . I agree with you 100% on DIY stuff unless its cheaper to buy it. Is that your Pete in your avatar?

davey99ps

Reaction score
I was pricing ballistic and some other offload places joints . I agree with you 100% on DIY stuff unless its cheaper to buy it. Is that your Pete in your avatar?

I don't own it, but it's my work truck. In the process of building my own. 72 kenworth with a 36" bunk, being transplanted onto a 04 379 frame with a 285" wb

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
zone offroad makes em for around $99.00 with that much lift you should probably do a drop track bar bracket and drop pitman arm

davey99ps

Reaction score
With a 2.5" lift I don't think you can use a drop trac bar bracket, I thought they were designed for use on 4-6" of lift

davey99ps

Reaction score
I thought he said he was going to 5"

Your right, I totally missed that part. In that case, I completely agree that a drop trac bar bracket an drop pitman arm are needed.

To the op, when I had a 6" lift on my superduty I was able to use the stock trac bar with just a drop bracket. You may wanna try that first before spending the money on an adjustable trac bar. Ideally you want your trac bar an drag link to run as close to parallel as possible, so I'd use a drop pitman arm an a drop trac bar bracket. I think I have an extra drop pitman arm from an obs, if you can figure out if it's the same as the 1 used on superdutys, an if I can find it, your more than welcome to have it if you cover shipping

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Your right, I totally missed that part. In that case, I completely agree that a drop trac bar bracket an drop pitman arm are needed.

To the op, when I had a 6" lift on my superduty I was able to use the stock trac bar with just a drop bracket. You may wanna try that first before spending the money on an adjustable trac bar. Ideally you want your trac bar an drag link to run as close to parallel as possible, so I'd use a drop pitman arm an a drop trac bar bracket. I think I have an extra drop pitman arm from an obs, if you can figure out if it's the same as the 1 used on superdutys, an if I can find it, your more than welcome to have it if you cover shipping

Alright I'll see if it's the same and get back with you

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Its not the same..

SD will need a Box kit..droped track bar bracket and Pitman arm..longer sway bar links if you don't have them.

Drop brackets come with a 4 and 6" hole so you might want to try it in both holes and see if 1 will get close enough if not add a adj track bar.

We have all if I can help.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.