WOP EGR Delete/Wastegate kit... Anybody use it???

mortal798

Reaction score
I saw that WOP has the EGR Delete/Wastegate kit on their site for $900. It is a no-weld kit. Anybody use it yet? There aren't any reviews on the site, so I was just curious if any of you picked one up. :popcorn:

White_monster

Reaction score
Found it. Looks like it dumps to atmosphere instead of into the exhaust. Maybe WOP will chime in with more info. Looks like a good kit and it could be done cab on to which is nice.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
elite kit is cab on as well. 8 hour job, just ask BFT.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I know Rudy's drag truck and Mike Corsilli's blue crew cab sounded crazy at Worlds last year with the 2nd gates dumping to atmosphere.

JDub

Reaction score
I've been running the mock-up kit on my truck for a little over a month since we put my stock turbos back on so we could copy the single turbo kit for production. Been working flawlessly and helped with the drive pressures at wide open throttle. We dumped it to atmosphere looking for ease of installation and cost effectiveness. Much easier for someone to install when there is no need to mess with the downpipe (removing it, drilling, welding, etc...)

We were afraid the soot and sound would be an issue like you've mentioned, but the way we've got the gate set, it is really only coming open at wot and by then the truck is already running pretty clean out the pipe, so my truck really hasn't created much of a soot mess underneath. As for the sound, it makes a pretty distinct sound with the window down and outside the vehicle. With the windows up inside the cab it sounds more like a broken manifold bolt, like a ticking. But I towed 14,000lbs two weekends ago and it never came open while towing at it's current setting on the regulator. Under normal driving conditions it stays closed, only opens when you get after it hard.

This may not be the kit for everybody, but we wanted to offer a mosre cost effective and easier to install system, this is what we came up with. Just about as simple and effective as you can make a wastegate system. Plus, with retaining the crossover pipe from the up-pipe and mounting the gate next to the driver side manifold where the cooler was, you can still use the stock back pressure sensor in the factory location.

White_monster

Reaction score
Right on. I guess the soot would maybe be an issue with bigger injectors. Was the back pressure sensor an issue? I never heard anyone complain before. Nice kit thou

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
It does look like an awesome kit.. Would really want one for my truck, but like everyone else, I thought it was gona stain with soot..

nickg3130

Reaction score
I've been running the mock-up kit on my truck for a little over a month since we put my stock turbos back on so we could copy the single turbo kit for production. Been working flawlessly and helped with the drive pressures at wide open throttle. We dumped it to atmosphere looking for ease of installation and cost effectiveness. Much easier for someone to install when there is no need to mess with the downpipe (removing it, drilling, welding, etc...)

We were afraid the soot and sound would be an issue like you've mentioned, but the way we've got the gate set, it is really only coming open at wot and by then the truck is already running pretty clean out the pipe, so my truck really hasn't created much of a soot mess underneath. As for the sound, it makes a pretty distinct sound with the window down and outside the vehicle. With the windows up inside the cab it sounds more like a broken manifold bolt, like a ticking. But I towed 14,000lbs two weekends ago and it never came open while towing at it's current setting on the regulator. Under normal driving conditions it stays closed, only opens when you get after it hard.

This may not be the kit for everybody, but we wanted to offer a mosre cost effective and easier to install system, this is what we came up with. Just about as simple and effective as you can make a wastegate system. Plus, with retaining the crossover pipe from the up-pipe and mounting the gate next to the driver side manifold where the cooler was, you can still use the stock back pressure sensor in the factory location.

Shoot a video of the truck with the wastegate. I wanna hear this thing!

mortal798

Reaction score
Ya I've done it as well mike. It's just another choice. Open dump will create a mess I think thou.

That was one of my concerns, too. But I am not running anything crazy yet - stock with dpf delete and tunes. So if staining isn't an issue, this might be the kit for me.

Can we see some pics of the installation?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Wop put one on my cummins through the fender above the front tire. First time it really surprised me. I use to get along the side of cars with the driver window down spool up the triples and than wack so the gate opened....it would scare the **** out of people.

Latest posts

Members online