A.C. Question

Barnabas

Reaction score
I have excessive amounts of condensation coming off my piping under the hood, and the A.C just hasnt been blowing cold. so this week I finally went and got the recharge kit with gauge.

Did the full 18oz 134a in it and the pressure didnt reach the desired PSI. 2x 12oz cans and still not there :eek:wned: now im lost. Still excessive condensation on the pipes and there is a puddle of water under the truck when it is idling.

Is there something wrong with my compressor? something Im missing? is this normal.

Any help would be much appreciated

Truck info: 2001 7.3 4x4 cc lb, 330,000 miles 33" tsl SS's on stock 16"s, NO CHIP, 4" exhaust turbo back to dual 4", tymar intake, new batteries this past winter (duralast golds), gauges (boost, egt, trans)

JLDickmon

Reaction score
puddle of water is normal..
air conditioners are de-humidifiers..

you need a real gauge set to tell what's going on, or take it to a pro..

Barnabas

Reaction score
I have a guage on the line to charge the A>C are you saying that isnt enough? or are you talking about like a mechanic set that a shop would use?

Just want to have it all narrowed down before I do so I dont waste his or my time.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
I have a guage on the line to charge the A>C are you saying that isnt enough? or are you talking about like a mechanic set that a shop would use?

Just want to have it all narrowed down before I do so I dont waste his or my time.

that's what the manifold gauges are for.. narrowing it down.. and yeah, you need the same set I'd use at the shop..

Latest posts

Members online