Pyro gauge acting funny

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
It's really sparatic. The needle is going every where. Iv checked the connections behind the gauge and there good. No other gauge is acting up. I'll post a video tomorrow when I get off shift. Could the sending prob go bad or the gauge itself?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Check connection on thermo. If that's good, try a dedicated pyro ground. , if that's a no go, its more than likely the thermo itself... I chased issues for about 3 months with 4 different gauges before I finally swapped thermo and problem solved

sent while staring at a windowed block

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Oh ok. I'll give that a whirl and give an update. May not get to it today. May be this weekend before I can get to it.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I got to looking at it and pulled the gauge out of the pillar. Wiggle the ground wire going into the gauge and it making the needle go nuts. Wiggled other ground wires and it never moved. Could the gauge be bad?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I got to looking at it and pulled the gauge out of the pillar. Wiggle the ground wire going into the gauge and it making the needle go nuts. Wiggled other ground wires and it never moved. Could the gauge be bad?

I'm sure I.will be corrected if I'm.wrong, but if you take a screwdriver,
And short the two ports out on the gauge, it should max out if its working

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
I'm goin to try to see if I ran a ground by its self. I looked briefly and it seemed like I did but couldn't tell without really following the wire. If that does or once it's got it's own ground I'm going to try that. So far it hasn't acted up all day.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got around to looking at the pyro gauge flickering needle issue. I have it it's own ground and is still having issues. I wiggled the ground wire going into the gauge and it was going nuts. So I think the verdict is a bad gauge. Hopefully auto meter will warranty the gauge.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
The part that reads the temp, gonna be screwed into the manifold , then have about 8" of steel braiding to two wires, yellow and orange you can get that thermo instead of having to re route the entire thing.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
It seems to be working. Just goes wild if I wiggle the back of gauge. See what it does after a few days

Latest posts

Members online