Will an SCT...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
pick up a tranny code? my tow/haul flashed last night after a hard pass so i shut it down and tried to pull a code. SCT showed no trans code. i thought if that light flashed, a code would be stored??? when i turned the truck back on the light was off. it slipped a couple times going down the track so there has got to be a code in there right?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
An SCT will not see a tranny code i can tell you that from fact of experience.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Everytime mine started flashing the check engine light came on as soon as it started.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Snake told me scts suck for pulling odes and I believe him because mine will never do it

chappy

Reaction score
Yeah you are gonna need a better reader for trans codes,abs codes ect. You know you are on borrowed time with that tans anyway though with your setup.

strokin6L

Reaction score
might be a little too late on the solenoid. The clutch pack sounds like it's already kinda toasted. I wouldn't beat on it a whole lot unless you have money saved up for a trans. Maybe start running a smaller HP tune till you can rebuild it.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
well ****....that's not good. will a dd clutch pack failure throw a specific code? i'll be scanning it with AE here in the next few days...

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
no delay's going into gear. i just can't tell if it's a TC issue or clutch pack issue. i'm assuming the stored code will tell me??

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Yes if it's a solenoid b code it will be direct clutch pack
On a stock tranny I've seen normally when direct goes out it's time to replace converter
It's deffinetly to late for the modded solenoid

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Welcome to my world. Let me know what you do for a rebuild.