How much play

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
In these two joints (see pictures below) how much play should there be as in side to side and twisting. I started another thread over in the Suspension forum regarding a popping/clunk noise I'm getting from my front end.

Today I jacked it up to check for play anywhere in the front and it all seemed tight except for the bar and joints pictured below. The bottom joint I could move it side to side, the top I could not but when I twisted the bar it would twist as well (I assume that's what its meant to do)

Sorry for my lack of Knowledge on this particular part and problem, I can lift a truck or drop it but when it comes to all the technical stuff I'm kinda handicapped.

5968723196_205aecfa42_z.jpg

5968165503_906a5d3721_z.jpg

Tom S

Reaction score
I would think side to side means it is worn out if I understand what you mean correctly.

Tom

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
Yea I can grab the bar and when I pull and push it the lower joint moves around. I do believe it is supposed to twist yes? Because it does twist.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this part what is it's name and purpose? Lol

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
It isa custom track bar and mount. What axle is in the front of your truck?

it is supposed to twist a little bit but should have no other movement. Your Heim joints are probably worn out

Last edited:

1996 Scorpion

Reaction score
It's a Dana 60 the PO did the full install, I'm getting details from him on all the specs on the front end. Looks like I gotta go to Ballistic for some new joints.

Latest posts

Members online