1955 Dodge pickup project

bluedge8

Reaction score
Well I thought I would start a thread on the rebuild off my dad's truck, he bought it in 1965 for $300 and traded his 1953 Plymouth for it, drove it for roughly 100k miles before it was retired. Then it just sat outside for another ten years or so, it was last licensed in 1981. It eventually got moved inside, then out to a shed at my aunt's farm. I went and got it a couple of weeks ago. Here are the initial pics. Plans right now are to pull the body off get the frame blasted and painted. We have a 1967 318 with an auto that will get rebuilt and installed. Then the body will pretty much go back on and we will work on that a piece at a time while dad can drive it. Dad is 73 so we don't have a ton of time to work with.I will update s best I can. I will load pics in a bit

bluedge8

Reaction score
it is on the ground and in my garage, we have some more cleaning out to do then it will be to pull the front clip off, the box off and ship them over to my brothers house, then move the cab back on the frame, pull the driveline and clean anything else off of the frame then get the frame done. Then figure out axles, get it rolling again, then set the driveline. Hopefully by then the cab will be ready to set back down, we are not going to do body work to the box right now, D-day is next June, we have a car show here locally that is called back to the 50's and draws over 10,000 cars all '65 or older, I want my dad driving it into the show.

Latest posts

Members online