no start she is dead

thecabinetguy

Reaction score
went out today stopped at McDonald's came back out and nothing no crank nothing. Changed starter still no good. checked fuses OK. have power to starter 12.8 volts but the small tan/red wire on solenoid is dead it should have power with key in the start pos. the only thing i can find is the TR sensor it the same thing as neutral switch. I did check ignition switch,relay not sure can anyone help!!!!! 2003 f250 7.3 4x4 automatic

Thanks
Darrell

Irishcream

Reaction score
Check to make sure your shifter linkage isn't bent or out of place. Try starting it in neutral? Do your daytime running lights come on when the key is in the on position?

Irishcream

Reaction score
check the DTR lights to ensure your ignition is going into the on position properly. They should come on when you turn the key without starting. Bit of a stab in the dark but at this point you are merely looking for the right direction.

Tom S

Reaction score
Don't the SD trucks have a small relay the controls the starter relay?

Tom S

Reaction score
OK, just remembered this. The 2002 wiring book is in the library. You should be able to use that the trace out the circuit so you can find where the issue is. I do not have a paper book for you truck to run it down for you.

Tom

thecabinetguy

Reaction score
Thanks I have a Chilton's book but the schematic doesn't make sense I was trying to follow but at the safety neutral switch it seems the wiring is back wards. Is it possible I have some problem with the computer?

Tom S

Reaction score
I do not think that should effect the engagment of the starter.

thecabinetguy

Reaction score
HELP I'm not getting anywhere here. I'm going to check codes tomorrow does anyone know if the CPS will stop the power to the PCM which will kill power to the starter. Is there a common problem with the wiring from the starter? HELP

Arisley

Reaction score
Where are you located, from the looks of your avatar, you are to far north for me to help. But if I can, I will.

Might not be anything, but does your shifter seem sloppy. Is it difficult to get into park. There are some bolts that like to work loose under the column, they can cause this issue.

thecabinetguy

Reaction score
hey Arisley I'm in the Kansas City Metro area I think I'm to far north. The shifter doesn't seem loose but I will check. This is a 2003 7.3 I have checked fuses tried to check the schematic for the start circuit everything seems to be working like it should but still no power at the small wire on starter solenoid at crank!!!

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Is there power coming into the solenoid block? If so and you can't get power out of the solenoid but you cross the two with a screwdriver like the old chevy trick.. That would say time for a new solenoid to me but i may be taking you wrong...

Tom S

Reaction score
He is saying there is no power to the trigger wire for the starter solenoid. Seems to me the obvious way to work that is to take the diagram and a probe type tester and see where it is that you are not completing the circuit. IF I had the EVTM book for you truck I would scan in the easier to read pages but I do not have that book. Hopefully one of the guys that does can take a look for you.

The CPS is not your problem nor is the PCM as prove when you can start it by jumping the solenoid.

Members online

No members online now.