Diesel Power Challenge 2012

Spatel23

Reaction score
Jason posted this on CompD but he doesnt seem to visit here much so I figured Id copy and paste for him.

"If you want to enter DPC 2012, the entry form is going to be in the next issue of Diesel Power Mag, the one with the two-tone Ford twisting on the cover. We're still working on how to get pictures from people, but if you want to make a quick run to Wal-Mart you could always just print out a few 5x7's, or send in a CD. We're also doing things a bit different for next year, the trucks will get VOTED in!! We'll have an issue with what we would consider the top 50 or 60 trucks, and people get to submit ballots of their favorite rig. Should make things more interesting than ever, as I am sure some oddball stuff will get chosen.

Any questions, just post em up here, or pm, or email me at [email protected]"

Hopefully 2012 will be the year that a Ford/Powerstroke wins it......

Have I mentioned how much I wish I had another chance at it

Last edited:

mclean

Reaction score
I know the same truck can't enter twice, but what about the drivetrain. Like Shone for example, what if you got a reg cab and put your engine and tranny (hopefully with the new TC) in it...is that allowed?

wint

Reaction score
Jason posted this on CompD but he doesnt seem to visit here much so I figured Id copy and paste for him.

"If you want to enter DPC 2012, the entry form is going to be in the next issue of Diesel Power Mag, the one with the two-tone Ford twisting on the cover. We're still working on how to get pictures from people, but if you want to make a quick run to Wal-Mart you could always just print out a few 5x7's, or send in a CD. We're also doing things a bit different for next year, the trucks will get VOTED in!! We'll have an issue with what we would consider the top 50 or 60 trucks, and people get to submit ballots of their favorite rig. Should make things more interesting than ever, as I am sure some oddball stuff will get chosen.

Any questions, just post em up here, or pm, or email me at [email protected]"

Hopefully 2012 will be the year that a Ford/Powerstroke wins it......

Have I mentioned how much I wish I had another chance at it

In my opinion of what I bread already I think that were gonna have a crappy competition. But that's just my thoughts from what I've seen. Just picture the kind of people who read the magazine, id say 70% of the readers don't know what's what or they are stuck on the brainwashed banks and edge crap. That's or it'll be a beauty contest. Just my thoughts hopefully im wrong though. Well see ...

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
In my opinion of what I bread already I think that were gonna have a crappy competition. But that's just my thoughts from what I've seen. Just picture the kind of people who read the magazine, id say 70% of the readers don't know what's what or they are stuck on the brainwashed banks and edge crap. That's or it'll be a beauty contest. Just my thoughts hopefully im wrong though. Well see ...

That would be true; but if DP Mag narrows the choices down for readers to choose from to say, trucks with at least 700+hp on fuel, it could be a nice change.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I know the same truck can't enter twice, but what about the drivetrain. Like Shone for example, what if you got a reg cab and put your engine and tranny (hopefully with the new TC) in it...is that allowed?

I'm pretty sure the same person can't enter twice. Different truck or not.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I feel like it is a nice change to let the readers have a say but they should really have some tough guidelinies on what 50-60 trucks are put in the magazine to be voted on, because as said before this could very well turn into a beauty contest but it will also be nice to see some set ups and some custom rigs that have been made by the contestents that enter.