bts? suncoast? twisted?

Awesome

Reaction score
i feel like i better start savin up for a tranny... i priced out the bts $4500 its pretty steep... but i understand there the best the stage 2 from twisted is only 3500ish... and if im only goin fopr 450is hp... is it worth it..... and wat about js a suncoast rebuild... a local shop said itd cost me in the 2000 range... :fordoval:

David N

Reaction score
If you live in Virginia already, I would go with Twisted. I know of several people that run thier tranny's and have had nothing but good things to say about them. And if it really matters, Rave at Twisted is who built Brian Jelich's transmision. Granted it sees more than twice the power yours ever will. But if you do end up going with them make sure and give us some feedback.

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
I put my truck on a trailer and pulled it to Arkansas from New Jersey. (well Skyski Jason pulled it) I looked at it as a one time purchase. Bulletproof and guaranteed!

Awesome

Reaction score
i understand there the best i js feel like 4500 is alot and ill be lucky to see 500 hp so that extra 1000 could go twards a fuel system or turbo... plus drivin the truck to ak from va...

fords4life

Reaction score
The other option is John Wood. Would be a long drive to have him install it, but his shipping rates are the best I've ever seen. I don't have any experience with Twisted, but haven't heard many good things about Suncoast....JW or BTS IMO.

Tom S

Reaction score
I drove a long ways for my BTS and would do it again. If I live close to JW would go that direction possibly. The handshake warranty with him really is that.

Tom

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can't speak for the competition, but my experience with BTS has been excellent. Fantastic people to deal with and Brian will definitely get my business again when I need a trans for my other trucks.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Twisted. I have had a stage 2 in my truck for almost 3 years with no issues whatsoever. Shifts awesome and Rave and Buddy at twisted stand behind their work 200%. Also nice that you can go with a stage 2 and always go back for upgrades at a very reasonable cost. In the end you would come out with a better tranny for the money imo.

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
I drove a long ways for my BTS and would do it again. If I live close to JW would go that direction possibly. The handshake warranty with him really is that.

Tom

:stupid:

With Twisted being closer to you, that doesn't sound like a bad option. If Rave has a handshake-warranty similar to BTS and JW, then you will probably be fine doing with them.

But, you will NOT be disappointed with BTS, in anyway.

JMO

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Anyone can make a built up transmission with similar hard parts. What makes a transmission better than another companies' transmission is the warranty with it, because with the power these engines make, propelling a 7000-8000 pound truck when you want to play, they will break from time to time, and it hasnt cost me a cent since i bought my BTS in '07, been through a few converters, input shafts, and even a full rebuild.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Anyone can make a built up transmission with similar hard parts. What makes a transmission better than another companies' transmission is the warranty with it, because with the power these engines make, propelling a 7000-8000 pound truck when you want to play, they will break from time to time, and it hasnt cost me a cent since i bought my BTS in '07, been through a few converters, input shafts, and even a full rebuild.

That's what I'm talking about, I'm saving my pennies as we speak for one!

TARM

Reaction score
One thing I think some forget to consider is while there is no question on thed quality or warranty of bts jw ifc you are a long ways away even though they will back their work for life that does not include gvetting it to them and back to you. I think that shipping costg may shock a few people. All mechical things break and wear out. B you can be looking at $700 in shipping for that work. Thedre is no needd for ba big pouring out of how bts are worth it yada yada its ball been said likea billion times. The point is I think is some think once they get one of these super trannies their cash out lay is finished for life. Its only 2 or 3 yrs then its gonna cost ya some coin to ship it both ways. On the east coast it can be $700 or more depending.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.