7.3 in 2011 superduty

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Wanting some input on if possible and with 6r tranny work with engine.
I want to try and buy a 7.3 out of a E school bus at work and then build to make like 425hp. I would like to find a good used gas 2011 or newer super duty, swap the gas engine and slam the 7.3 in. I am tring to think my way around emissions and stil have a good reliable V8 diesel. Any one have any inputs or ideas to further my brain storming feel free to add in

Mpoage

Reaction score
Why would you want to put a good reliable motor in a 2011 truck when they came from the factory with one? There's no emissions on my truck either? And technically if your following state regulations the emission system is supposed to be up to par with the year model.

JMart

Reaction score
I dont know about your state but most emission laws require the vehicle to be older than the engine.

Other than that, I think it would be easier to update an older SD with the new truck options.

PSD715

Reaction score
No joke. Total nightmare. Especially the transmission. Take a SD, sell the entire interior, buy the interior from a wrecked 6.7. Then convert the front end and bed. No cheap way to get it done.
Even better, start with an 05 rolling chassis.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You won't be able to bolt the trans to the engine. If you make an adapter so that they will connect you will not be able to get the trans to shift. No way, no how.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I think the IH extension allows for a SAE bolt pattern on the bellhousing. I hope you do it and make it work. (I love the 7.3's)

neverkickn

Reaction score
Why not just buy a 7.3 truck and put the late model body and interior parts on it?

ToMang07

Reaction score
If you DO decide to do this... (I hope you know an broke guy at the emissions shop) I'd drop a built 4r100 in with it.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
hey It was a idea I had all the cons go thru my head on the swap and the only pro was a completely newer frame because in pa trucks are **** around here after 120,000 unless you are truely fussy. A 4r100 would be a better setup yes but it was just a idea and a see if at all possible. I was thinking kind of like a glider setup, kind of what the semis are selling right now. If I can find a good used 7.3 then yes I agree I would go and buy that, its a no brainer. I havent looked much into it yet.

average

Reaction score
I'm confused at this thread, I like the the 7.3 and all but sheesh. What's next, flathead ford into a 2013 mustang?

average

Reaction score
good point! LOL, oh btw every time you post I have to stop and watch the avatar! al bundy was the man

502.gif

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I'm confused at this thread, I like the the 7.3 and all but sheesh. What's next, flathead ford into a 2013 mustang?

hey everyone is all about putting a old cummins in a newer ford so I thought I had somewhat of a idea. There are several people putting small block chevys in mustangs so. I liked the idea of a truck with a higher gvw on the sticker in the door but the vin would be from a gas engine which would be powered by a fresh 7.3 with a auto behind. The 4r100 would be easier to get programmed in, but the engine is different story.