Pulley fell off, anyone use Advance pulleys

zilla68

Reaction score
Well I went outside about an hour ago to back the truck in to start on the injector o rings, no power steering or brakes.
Get out, look under the truck, pulleys laying on the ground.

So has anyone had any luck with Advance Auto Parts pulleys (dayco I think it was) or are they a no no, and go oem only.

I probably need to replace all of them, just looking for a cheaper alternative I'm sure oem are pricey.

thanks

Tom S

Reaction score
I have not had a problem with the other Dayco stuff I have tried.

zilla68

Reaction score
I have not had a problem with the other Dayco stuff I have tried.

ok great, just curious, should I go ahead and replace the tensioner, and 2 pulleys while I'm at it. Advance has some pretty good discount codes right now, that make it a little easier to swallow, lol.

Tom S

Reaction score
Google advance 20% off. I can usually find a code for that. It would not hurt to freshen up those pieces but I would see how the old ones spin first.

zilla68

Reaction score
Google advance 20% off. I can usually find a code for that. It would not hurt to freshen up those pieces but I would see how the old ones spin first.

they all spin ok, no issues, but with 174k I don't get a warm fuzzy anymore.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
was it the idler pully? if it is i bought one from autozone and it has the same exact bearing in it as my oem one..... same numbers

zilla68

Reaction score
its the ribbed one under the alternator.

I just got done shopping, and can get the tensioner, 2 idle pulleys, belt for 109.00 plus tax pick up in store, saving 40 bucks!!!!

here it is where it fell off, just thank god it was in the driveway, cause last nite I was 40 miles away from home at 11pm, that would have sucked

Attachments

• misc 064.jpg
    misc 064.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50

BigRedDiesel

Reaction score
Use code "Big35" it $35 off an order of $85 or more. Order online for store pick up. If the store doesn't have the parts in stock ask them to big them in. As long as it not a special order item they will. I got a Melling LPOP for $53.00 this way.

zilla68

Reaction score
i found one "dealio" for 40 bucks off my order of 149.00
got all the old stuff off really easily, guess I'll just keep those as back ups, and go ahead and go all new with belt,pulleys and tensioner, just to be safe.

zilla68

Reaction score
fixed it tonite, new belt, all new tensioners/idler pulleys. Now I guess I'll have to wait till next weekend on the injector orings. damn, I was really looking forward to seeing what was in there.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
Chris, FWIW, it looks to me like the bearing in that pulley just flat crapped the bed.
AFAIK, Goodyear & Gates make them all...

zilla68

Reaction score
yes, the bearing was on the bolt and toast, but the hole looked less than desireable for replacing the bearing only, I trashed that one, but saved the others since they were still good, JUST IN CASE!! I'll add those to the attic collection of 7.3 parts of just in case, lol

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I know you have already fixed your problem but I am running idler pulley, tentioner, and tentioner pulley from Autozone. I think either Dayco or Ac Delco. Have no issues with them.

Latest posts

Members online