Wig wags in an obs

wildbillcody97

Reaction score
I have searched quite a bit and am unable to find an answer so I wanted to see if anyone has installed wig wags for the headlights and taillights into an obs. I checked galls and they said unavailable but I'm sure it can be done. I am doing a lot of work where I am on the side of the road for a few minutes but not long enuf to put out signs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I have strobes in my plow truck... I would go that route again over wig wags... if you put some strobes in the taillights, remember to match the color strobe with the color lens for it to be the most effective.. except for clear lenses. Those can be whatever, obviously.

Strobes n more.com E series is what I got, they recently redid them and named them something different. Buuut if I had taillights on the flatbed I would definitely buy them again. But I don't, so I am getting standalone LED units..

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Also be sure to check with your state laws. Clear and amber can be used together in NY for plowing, construction, etc. Blue is for volunteer fire, green is for EMS, and any combination of those is police only.. although I do have red strobes in my taillights for backing out of driveways plowing, that's risky, but I do have an acct right next to a busy PD station and haven't been hassled.. just be careful is what I mean...

wildbillcody97

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been a cop for 5 years so I know the laws pretty hood lol just my side jobs and I can't afford $100 plus for strobes even tho they are the best thanks guys

eng53ine

Reaction score
the biggest thing with galls is deciding whether you have positive or negative side switched headlight s whatever that means, you could go straight to manufacturer sites or find a local company that sales fire/police equip. we put sho-mes in our brush & command vehicle but all the bigger companies have head & tail light flashers. in my opinion strobes are most effective at night although if I went with strobe I go with clear bulbs regardless of lens color led hide a ways have to be the same color as the lens they're behind.
not that it matters but I hate galls they've burnt me twice and I haven't got over it yet they also most of the time only show top sellers you might have to call and have them look up flashers for an obs

eng53ine

Reaction score
also my uncle And grandpa always went to napa and bought an alternating flasher and a switch and made their own. what yr is your truck? obs no drls or anything

wildbillcody97

Reaction score
OK at the pd we only used galls for the wig wags. I have a interior light bar I bought for my patrol car from cpsauthority.com and Keith hooked me up there but always thought the wig wags would be cheaper and easier.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Ok I'm still trying to find my papers galls won't answer my help request for them but that's nothing new those links a lot of guys ran the cheaper one w/ the switch on numerous makes and models my dad ran the sealed unit went from a 93 dodge to a 80s vw rabbit to a f150 the body style before yours on the rear you could think about putting a flasher on your reverse lights so you wouldn't interrupt your brake/tail lights

wildbillcody97

Reaction score
Cheaper from galls or do you have a link. And I like that idea about in the reverse lights

eng53ine

Reaction score
Oh the one with out the switch you'll have to scroll the bottom link till you find F-series then go threw the part #s.

Latest posts

Members online