New tires

6L strokin

Reaction score
Bout time for some new tires... Open to suggestions! I've ran nitto, Toyo, pro comp, Cooper, etc they all have their ups & downs... I've tossed around trying the hankook a/t look fairly aggressive. Wanting to run the biggest a/t I can w out rubbing or a level kit... I'm tossing around leveling it but I travel & tow so often it's not very feasable to do many mods that will lessen my mpg... Rims are 20x9 -12 offset ideally something around a 34x12 would be great but idk of any manufactures that have that type of size,..

6L strokin

Reaction score
im not a fan of bfg a/t really i think theyre kinda overrated and not that great of off road traction.... and im really looking at a wider set would like to be around a 12 wide or so.... really thinking about trying them hankooks to see how they are... im sure they will be decent off road just worried about how they ride on road...

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
KELLY SAFARI TSR, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC, GENERAL GRABBER or GOODYEAR WRANGLER SILENT ARMOR (we have these on a cc/lb 6.7 and love em)

stroker2

Reaction score
My old man and uncle tried the silent armor and neither one of them got worth a sh!t for mileage. And they have stock 6.4s that daily drive and they arent hard on the tires. Average was about 30k and traction was not impressive at all. They were quiet though. I would never get silent armors just my 2 cents. Heard good things about the duratrac which is what i am leaning towards next. Not sure about the TSR safari. The BFG TA KO's ar rock throwing mofos to btw.

RBernardi

Reaction score
I never owned falken tires before, and kinda thought they were more for imports. Until 6 months ago a friend turned onto them. I honestly won't buy any other tire from here on out. It's their falken wildpeak a/t. I have a 6" lift With a 315/75/16, but I'll go bigger next timehttp://www.falkentire.com/media/tires/17/tire.jpg
No offense anyone, but bfg's suck in my opinion.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I have hankook Dynapros Atms and love them. Not to aggressive but still look and ride great. I went from mud tires to these and will never go back to muds. I have 20x10s -19 offest with a 325/60R20 tires and rub when the suspension is just right with a leveling kit. I tossed the idea of nittos and hankooks and for 100 bucks cheaper for pretty much the same tire it was a no brainer.

Cory S

Reaction score
falken wildpeak a/t I love these tires!
IMG00312-20110415-2106.jpg

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
I just put on 325/60r20 duratracs. They are as quiet as the factories and the best tire out right now, I sell a ton of them. My dad has the hankook rf10s and he likes them too.
1063653778_photobucket_40105_.jpg

IMG_20110326_161220.jpg

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311818289.850425.jpg
These are the TSRs. I've sold a few sets and people like em.

Sent from Holderdown Performance mobile command center (iPhone)

jdgleason

Reaction score
I vote for the hankook dynapros for an all terrain, or the toyo open country mts for a mud. The dynapros are a great tire because they are cheap and they are quiet. They last amazing too. The toyo mts are one of the best looking and wearing mud tire that I know of (imo) and they arent too loud either. I think the duratracs are a little too soft for a truck as heavy as ours. i have a couple buddies with them and they arent wearing well. One buddy has them on a tundra and they do ok...

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i really like the general grabber. totally different look, one of our trucks has them. good ride, quiet, and like i said they look killer. seem to be wearing ok too.

RBernardi

Reaction score
A friend of mind of mine has the dynapros as well. We got our tires from the same buddy and they were $1200 otd, but he loved the look of them. I
Didn't know much about falken's, told our buddy to order them and my bill was a surprising $850 otd. After we got our tread my friend wished he woulda went with the falken's, because there is less road noise and vibration. Not to mention they're cheaper

6L strokin

Reaction score
those falkens are a pretty good looking tire and saw the prices on them and started getting excited untill i saw the sizes available... too small in a 20 for these trucks and dont think their load E.

so, so far looking like the most votes going to the hankooks? them duratracs are pretty expensive i priced them at walmart a long time ago LOL

Ia PWRSTKE what size is your dad running on that 6.4? any lift? looks like it fills the wells decent.

thanks for al the replies guys! also i travel way too much for an m/t if i was going with one id prolly go with either the pro comp or toyo m/t!

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
those falkens are a pretty good looking tire and saw the prices on them and started getting excited untill i saw the sizes available... too small in a 20 for these trucks and dont think their load E.

so, so far looking like the most votes going to the hankooks? them duratracs are pretty expensive i priced them at walmart a long time ago LOL

Ia PWRSTKE what size is your dad running on that 6.4? any lift? looks like it fills the wells decent.

thanks for al the replies guys! also i travel way too much for an m/t if i was going with one id prolly go with either the pro comp or toyo m/t!

We went 2 inches up all the way around and 325/60r20s on 20x10s.

6L strokin

Reaction score
dang i was hoping no lift lol the tires look stuffed up in the wells pretty good i like it!! not wanting to do any lift for the extra $$ and i travel too much to not get as good of mpg as i can.. hope it looks ok with the 275/65R20 cause thats prolly what im gonna have to stick with for now..

Latest posts

Members online