RCD custom tunes with Spartan Dasdaq

superstroked

Reaction score
Saw this on Spartans forums...Has this topic already been started over here? If not, I would like to hear some pros and Cons to RCD. Sounds like this will mainly be for the more heavily modded trucks.

07-21-2011, 12:42 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Administrator Join Date: Jul 2008

Spartan custom tuning from River City Diesel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy to announce that very soon, custom tunes will be available for 6.4L applications for use in Spartan flash devices from River City Diesel.

I know many customers have been hoping to be able to get their hands on fully custom files from some of our other dealers, and now it is happening.

Josh @ River City Diesel will be the first (a couple more are in the works, withholding any problems) person available to provide files for use in our devices within the next couple of weeks.

Myself and Josh will finish up with configuring his software over the course of the next week, and will be ready to go to market with RCD files soon thereafter.

Our time here to take care of custom files for heavily modified trucks has been limited, and the option to see Josh @ RCD will make it much easier for these customers to get their tuning needs handled specifically for their truck.

I'm sure River City will be making a remark here soon, and we will jointly provide more details over the next week or two:thumb:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah def will be for more modded trucks or some live tuning, i however dont know if rcd will have access to the software that spartan tunes on, or sct, but i know there are still sct files missing for some transmission stuff, im sure they will work around all that, i would like to know some more info tho

superstroked

Reaction score
yeah def will be for more modded trucks or some live tuning, i however dont know if rcd will have access to the software that spartan tunes on, or sct, but i know there are still sct files missing for some transmission stuff, im sure they will work around all that, i would like to know some more info tho

From what I read on another forum, Spartan is going to supply them with everything they need to tune the transmissions properly. SCT had some missing tables like you stated per Jared@RCD that they will now have access through the dasdaq.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Cool, should be good then, i know josh's tunes dyno really well, just think they couldnt hold the power because of the missing table, so i think anyone that uses them will be happy.

Wish josh would work his way over here

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Cool, should be good then, i know josh's tunes dyno really well, just think they couldnt hold the power because of the missing table, so i think anyone that uses them will be happy.

Wish josh would work his way over here

I will suggest that to him Dustin.

As far as the tuning goes, Josh will have access to our tuning software. I have always heard great things about his tuning, especially his "450" tune. Everyone that uses it says it is a great mileage tune.

**Note that his tunes are labeled a little differently than our tunes. He uses power at the rear wheels to label his where we label as power gained at the rear wheels.**

Mpoage

Reaction score
So how is Eric tuning the trucks with the missing table? Is he not using the same software as RCD or does it have to do with the newest ford flash bs?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Eric has his own way of getting around things. which I will not bash him for, because we do good business with him. Eric is also, one hell of a good tuner! We will be using Matts tuning software. We are shooting for fall. I'll apologize ahead of time, its been literal hell at the shop, we are so busy, and waiting to expand here this fall. Hopefully by spring 2012 we'll have a shop thats really worth talking about, because right now, we are landlocked, and limited as hell. We will do the best we can do support tuning not only for big trucks like mine or dustins, but anyone who just wants some good old fashioned tuning from Josh. Thanks for all the support guys, this deal with Spartan is a huge step to the beginning of many great things to come.:redspotdance:
Run With The Best!!!

Jared - River City Diesel

p.s. Dustin, shoot me a text one of these days and we can discuss tuning on your truck.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I know I havent seen Jared working the forums alot lately so they must be still pretty wrapped up

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I believe Matt wants to wait until the latest firmware update from Drew Tech is completed before we go forward with this.

Members online

No members online now.