Anyone use 'big radios'....general, superstar etc

loboost

Reaction score
If so where do you Mount them in your 99-07 trucks?

I've got a general Lee I wanna use in my truck but haven't decided how to mount it yet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Have mine on the dash and had it there on the last truck ran the wires up and behind the dash all tucked away. I have had a general lee and galaxy 959 that way.

Jason

Reaction score
Under the dash would be my spot.

If you could mount it in front of your console facing up...like standing on it's end...but you'd have to fab a mount tall enough to clear the heatsink. I had a galaxy 94hp, swung 160 watts, I wanted to put in my '02, came out of my 379, but it had the big heatsing on tye bottom and back...hard to find a clean mount for that. Also had to wire directly to battery and didnt feel like running the wires

loboost

Reaction score
Have mine on the dash and had it there on the last truck ran the wires up and behind the dash all tucked away. I have had a general lee and galaxy 959 that way.

Do you have a pic?

Under the dash would be my spot.

If you could mount it in front of your console facing up...like standing on it's end...but you'd have to fab a mount tall enough to clear the heatsink. I had a galaxy 94hp, swung 160 watts, I wanted to put in my '02, came out of my 379, but it had the big heatsing on tye bottom and back...hard to find a clean mount for that. Also had to wire directly to battery and didnt feel like running the wires

I have the jumpseat

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
de2e3umu.jpg
pusa7ypy.jpg

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Ranger 2950DX thru a roof mount Wilson 5000. I used some diamond plate from Tractor Supply and mounted it to the jump seat. Pics show it with a temporary mount bungee cord. Currently mounted in the standard mount.

1026091401.jpg

1026091402a.jpg

DarkSide2.6

Reaction score
I don't have a big radio but I have big watts lol I have my 29 mounted on the floor in front of the console with the radio/cup holder mount and just put my aux speaker under the drivers seat to stop feedback through my talkback

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
My Kenwood dash radio has an AUX input. Ran an aux wire from the CB to the radio. Talk about surround CB radio, sounds tons better thru the truck stereo speakers.

DarkSide2.6

Reaction score
I like that idea. Does it feed back through the talkback on the radio? I have a comp tuned 29 and its kinda sensitive

Latest posts

Members online