Stalled/wants to stall at stop.

Thomas7.3psd

Reaction score
The other day while coming to a stop my truck lost throttle response, It was still idling but it would not respond when i hit the throttle. I shifted it to nuetral and back to drive and it worked. The next day came to a stop sign and it stalled out. restarted right away. now when i come to stop its acting like the engine is coming under load and the rpms drop abit(maybe 100rpm) and the idle kinda bounces up and down. I have checked my connections to the chip, pedal,ipr,and transmission..ive driven it without the chip and though i could not get it to stall today its acting like it coming under load when coming to a stop....any help would be appriciated. thx

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
First thought would be torque converter trying to lock or not unlocking, but with the BTS I wouldn't think so, but still possible. Do you get a flashing OD light ever?

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This is why I said two seperate issues. The dead throttle is something else completely.

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
This is why I said two seperate issues. The dead throttle is something else completely.

Could be for sure. Loss of throttle and the fact that just shifting to neutral and back fixed it could point to wires for the OD light shorting in the shift lever. There was another thread on here today with that.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
lol, i accidentally just deleted my post

regardless, to the op. Get your TC checked/fixed and I would be willing to bet the throttle issue you are experiencing is gone. Trust me

Thomas7.3psd

Reaction score
Changed the CPS but nothing changed..Its dropping throttle response under acceleration now down to idle and then picks back up. gonna pick up a pedal assembly tomorrow to try.

bakerc167

Reaction score
have you checked the transmision fluid i had the same thing happen to my 02 when i first bought it, turned out it was 4 quarts low

Tom S

Reaction score
This one is going to be interesting with the diverging theories going on.

Thomas7.3psd

Reaction score
Na lucky for me the throttle pedal didnt match up..Taking into consideration what a couple member said plus the input at TSD i cleaned the IPR and im keeping my fingers crossed..havnt had any issues in a few days.

Latest posts

Members online