7.3 Headers

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Just curious to know whether or not these could also be used on a 94-97 PSD, specifically a 97 (since thats what I have). It only lists that its for the 99-03 7.3's, but I know with some/most parts, can be interchanged between the early and late 7.3's. Also ill note that I havent heard of this company yet so I dont know anything about them. All I did was google "7.3 powerstroke headers". I know there are several other 7.3 headers manufacturers out there. Just never seen this one. I hope this isnt a repost. Thanks.

http://www.ronstruckandauto.com/performance/Ford_73/73exhaust.html

8inchstroker

Reaction score
BE THE GUINEA PIG AND TELL US HOW THEY WORK..BTW whats the advantage of headers do they make that big of difference?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
BE THE GUINEA PIG AND TELL US HOW THEY WORK..BTW whats the advantage of headers do they make that big of difference?

Oh man I would love to be the test mule if no one has ever seen them. But being in college and just trying to save up for tuning is hard enough. lol

Irishcream

Reaction score
That's a huge price tag for headers. You could get an exhaust shop to make some custom for about $1000 CDN. maybe cheaper. My only worry about those is can they take the heat of a diesel engine. Gassers is one thing but diesel is a whole other animal.

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Fwiw if you're saving for tuning you don't need headers. DI also sells headers and they are a sponsor here. Contact them if you really want to know.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Fwiw if you're saving for tuning you don't need headers. DI also sells headers and they are a sponsor here. Contact them if you really want to know.

oh I know. like I said in the op I was just curious because I stumbled upon them.

And soon after the tuning is gonna be stage 2s 17* and an IC. So maybe then Ill consider getting headers. I understand they are more for more extreme builds. But if money says its right then ill do it. plus I think they look real good. which im all about that. Also I knew that DI made them. Thiers were the first ones I seen/heard of. I would go with them hands down, they are proven.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
That's a huge price tag for headers. You could get an exhaust shop to make some custom for about $1000 CDN. maybe cheaper. My only worry about those is can they take the heat of a diesel engine. Gassers is one thing but diesel is a whole other animal.

I agree, Ive seen cheaper. lol

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
oh I know. like I said in the op I was just curious because I stumbled upon them.

And soon after the tuning is gonna be stage 2s 17* and an IC. So maybe then Ill consider getting headers. I understand they are more for more extreme builds. But if money says its right then ill do it. plus I think they look real good. which im all about that. Also I knew that DI made them. Thiers were the first ones I seen/heard of. I would go with them hands down, they are proven.

For the price go with hybrids:D

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
For the price go with hybrids:D

I was truely thinking about it....BUT, I WILL be running "said injectors" whatever size they may be, without an intercooler for a while...I know I could dial down the hybrids with tuning untill the IC got done. But I dont really wanna mess with sending out the chip again. Ill already have to do it twice since im gonna try to get tuned before the injectors. Then send it back in for a retune with the injectors. So IDK yet on either 160/100's or 238/100's....still debating since it will be about 8 months before the injectors could get ordered.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would bet Rons Truck and Auto headers are the same as the ones from Diesel Innovations. Powerstroke Racer would be able to tell you I am sure.

Tom

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Jap irate makes obs up pipes so either way they could get obs headers and then get obs up pipes to run a t4 flange

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Sometimes. I'll have ask David if we have any in stock.

Thing is, are you going be running headers with an OBS turbo or a D66?

If this is towards me then I'm not planning on getting headers. I'm not even sure what advantage they offer. I was just wondering. I would consider a d66 in the future though.

@blackbetty- are the uppipes from irate bellowed uppipes?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Are the headers going on a daily driver or is the truck a toy ?

I only started this thread to get some info on som headers I found from an unknown to me source. I dont think anyone here is in the market for them. Just curiouosity.

With that said If I had the money I would put some on my DD in a heartbeat. regardless of how much power im making. I understand that they arent gonna do a whole lot other then whats expected. reduce egts, faster spool, better flow, ect. I just think they are a nice performance/look enhancer. IMO