6.0 air pushing wrong way!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
On my brothers excursion there is pushing back out of the air filter? Is this because the veins in the turbo are blocked? Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks

not near enough info to help there. when does it do it. sounds like it might just be turbo bark.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If its barking under acceleration somethings ***ked up.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I thought I would chime in with more info (I'm the brother). Under acceleration,it barks and blows puffs of black smoke. Under light acceleration, you can hear the turbo screaming way more that usual. I'm going to take the turbo apart and see if it's dirty

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Sounds like turbo veins STUCK. remove, dissassemble and clean, reassamble.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Veins were Stuck. Cleaned it and put it back together but will now be looking for a new turbo. The blades on this one are pretty worn

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Stock programming with banks (I know) exhaust. Had head gaskets go at 200000 kms (dealer replaced with stock), 2 injectors at same time and 2 more injectors last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Stock is best!! On HG's at least. Banks exhaust isn't bad btw.
You can probably find a stock turbo for 450 -600. I have one in my shed, but idk if i wanna get rid of it.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well you can either go powermax or go to Powerstrokenation and check there forsale sections. 300 is cheap but not unheard of. I would probably take 550 on mine though. I like having 2 turbos And i just cleaned the piss outta this one and painted exhaust side black.

Latest posts

Members online