fuel pressure dropping

STROKER

Reaction score
I have a airdog 150 and a itp rr and at wot my fuel pressure drops down to about 20. Which I know is deather for my injectors so I can't really hammer on it. It started dropping when I had my 225s I replaced the airdog motor stock fuel pump and all the filters all that has done nothing what could it be? For a while when I had my 225s it wouldn't drop more than 5psi then it started getting bad.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Give it time before all the bumps. Not alot of people get on during the day.

You think you could possibly have a blockage in the fuel lines? Do you still have 6.0 fuel bolts(banjos) Where is the sensor tapped at?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
is it a first gen air dog? if so, i believe it's just a pusher motor(15ish psi) and still rely's on the factory fuel pump as well. if that's right, could your stocker pump be taking a shiz on you?

STROKER

Reaction score
The airdog is 2 years. Old the motor on it has maybe 500 miles I figured the gearator was messed up so I warranteed it that didn't fix it so I bought a new fuel pump that has maybe 300 on it. The fuel psi sender is on the itp rr. At idle the pressure is steady and doesn't jump around it just drops like a rock when you hammer on it

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Lol. Delete your stock pump and let the air dog feed an aeromotive a-1000 straight to the feed line. That will get you some psi to those 285s for sure. My 225 150s hold psi all the way through with just an a1000 and no lift pump, no 5:8 pickup , nothing.

STROKER

Reaction score
i was thinking of running a aeromotive or just doing the AD2. i think my setup now should be able to hold pressure a lot better than it is though. wheni had my 225s it would hold pressure no problem only dropping maybe 5psi. but around late last fall i noticed at WOT with the 225s it would drop to around 40 which it never used too. now with the even bigger injectors its a lost cause lol. i guess what im thinking is why was ittfine for a while and then all the sudden start dropping, thats why i got he new motor for my AD and when that didnt fix it i figured the stocker was taking a dump but that didnt fix it. and now im just rambling....

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
If you have replaced the stock unit (albeit, that thing needs to go with 285's, I'm not convinced it can handle the gpm those injectors are needing) and it is acting exactly the same way with no other changes, you have to have some blockage somewhere...

Obviously there is stock lines to the pump, but is there an aftermarket pickup tube? Is it dropping like that even with a full tank? Do you have the stock banjos? Stupid question, but are you still using the stock filters with the AD? If so have you tried changing all the filters?

STROKER

Reaction score
It has a bigger pickup, changed all the filters, and it has drilled out banjos with a full tank it still drops, I drove down to rcd yesterday and picked up an AD2 I'm gonna finish puttin it in when I get off work ill post up the results.