Installing amp steps

JrStroker

Reaction score
How easy is it to install amp research steps? I've got an 08 F250
I'm getting a set today and I'm sure I can bolt them on, but I need to know the wiring.
Any help guys?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
super easy. just know they arent exact on wiring color, but its easy enough to figure out. im not sure if theyve updated the steps for the 2008-10 , but on my 13' , i had to have all 4 door wires tapped to test the doors. took me a half hour or so of frustration to figure that out. so if the initial door you hook up and test doesnt work, hook all up and test from there. i would start with the easiest wire to find. prolly a solid white. you shouldnt need a tester, but you may want one just in case you're harness is a mess. iirc one of the door wires is in a loom up in the kick panel, you'll wanna cut the electrical tape to loosen that loom up, if not its a bitch to find.

Pmac21

Reaction score
Mine were under the passenger side door jam. I have the bestop steps (pretty much the same thing) and the instructions wern't perfect on the wire color, but with a test light it wasn't hard to find the right one.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
its real easy....if I remember correctly when I did mine, the pass side doors are all a wire under the sill plate, the driver side rear you can tap into from under the sill plate, I believe the driver side front door however you have to go into the door....super easy though

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't pay a shop. You got this easy style. Instructions are good.

zilla68

Reaction score
hey at least yours is pretty straight forward, I just got mine in from raul at stealth for my 96, so its all customs, mounts,
wiring, the whole enchilada!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you should only have 4 wires. one for each door. with instructions on which wire goes to which door, and they attempted to match the wires to the proper factory wires. its not that tough and im terrible at wiring. the only other wires are the step lights which are simple.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Got them on boys. Wasn't hard at all. I did get my driver door messed up, but fixed that real quick. They look great.

Attachments

• IMG_20130921_170332_058.jpg
    IMG_20130921_170332_058.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20130921_170411_011.jpg
    IMG_20130921_170411_011.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104

JrStroker

Reaction score
I thought it would be hard but boy was I wrong. All the wires are under the passenger side door sill. The passenger front is the white wire and its in the kicker panel in the loom that goes to the door. The yellow wire is the passenger rear, the green is driver rear and green with a purple strip is driver front. There are 2 greens and 2 green with purple. Trial and error with those wires. Other than that it was so freaking easy. Glad I didn't spend $200 on an install.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
can i say i told ya so ? LOL

glad you figured it out. the instructions are pretty straight forward.

zilla68

Reaction score
stealth had a group buy for 980 shipped I think it was last week.

I mocked mine up on my 96 and got the angle wrong on the bracket so i get to start over.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I got mine for a good deal. My buddy sold them to me. $700 for 1 year old.

And they are great with my new lift! :naughty:

yea im a dealer for amp, just don't know if I want to put those on the 6.4...being I dropped it and all. almost rather put the money into turbo