Stupid PATS!!!! Help me out.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Ok I am tired of this damn thing. I will be driving around just fine,, but there are times when I shift from drive to reverse, or reverse to drive, and sometimes while I am just driving. The truck is still running but the THEFT light is flashing, gauges are dead, and pedal is dead, and I pull the panel and the fuse is blown. And it does this at the most horrible of times. Dead center of parking lot with cars stacking up trying too pass, or just going down a two lane road with construction on both sides during rush hour. I have replaced this damn fuse maybe 15 times now (in the 8 months I have owned it) and I cant find anything that would blow the fuse. I have seen it somewhere, someone bypassed the PATS system. I cant find it any more.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Pulled the dash apart tracing wires and can't find a damn thing. all connections are tight, no exposed wires, or loose wires.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
it is a little wire loom that comes out of the shaft of the shifter, it gets chafed against the steering column (very small spot, must look close) wrap it with black tape and retest

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Remove Excursion PCM and top of motor harness...

Swap with Pickup PCM and top of motor harness...

Problem solved.

Latest posts

Members online