Air in oil?? 911 Please help fast!!

mudslinger02

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I just swapped out a injector and was wondering if air in the oil or fuel system can make it smoke white when I accelerate hard. I put about 80 or so miles on it and was driving it pretty hard to get the air out but Im still having problems.

Ive about had it with this truck. About ready to bring it out back and :biggun:

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Very true. Guess I'm too stressed and didn't even think of that. No it doesn't run smooth. Once its warmed up, it will start to shudder between 40-50 if I ease into the throttle and also is rough if I slowely take off from a stop.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
well im guessing someone on here is going to tell you the injector is not seated properly. but i have no way to have any confidence as i have never experienced this just what ive read.

97-stroker

Reaction score
Just some basic quick questions....did you use new o rings on the injectors? what about the little brass crush ring at the nozzle? Did you install just one injector or how many?

dmd

Reaction score
How long did you drive it after opening up the HP oil rails? It takes some time
to get all of that air out. It probably took 100 miles to really get it running right
after I swapped my HPOP. It was mostly clear after 25 miles.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
I did replace just 1 injector and its was from beans diesel and came with new orings on it along with the crush ring. I've been having this problem for a while now but it just started blowing white smoke with in the last few days.

97-stroker

Reaction score
If you have access to a scan tool try buzz testing all your injectors. It could not even be from the new injector. Something else could have gone wrong.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
I wish I had access to a scanner. I can't afford to buy 1 right now and cant find anyone in my area with 1 either

mudslinger02

Reaction score
No it smelled like fuel. I spent some time swapping around injectors and replacing o-rings and it stopped smoking now. Im pretty sure I have the engine problems figured out but now I think I have a u-joint going too. I just cant win with this damn truck LOL

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Yea I have a feeling this truck will keep me busy for a while. Hopefully its fixed for now tho lol