Whats your favorite welder/generator

Binder man

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm looking to buy a welder/generator..I've ran plenty of Bobcats and love them but curious what everyone else likes.

TERRCO

Reaction score
How much power (watts) you need? I also like the millers. They produce some good generator power and even have 3 phase models.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
We had a rep bring one of the little Miller air paks out. While it was way to small for us it was a cool machine and I was able to air arc with 1/4 rod. Probably way more than your looking for. But the air compressor was cool

nwpastroker

Reaction score
We run some of the bigger miller air pacs and they do very well but tend to guzzle down fuel. Our older big blues with jack shaft driven compressors wil go 4 days on a tank where the airspace is good for a day and a half or so. If you need lots of air volume, air pacs are great, the newest one we have will even gouge 1/2 carbon, not agressivly, but it will do it. I think it's rated for 7k on the 240 plug as well

Binder man

Reaction score
I'm really not to worried about the compressor side of things. For what I'll be doing I won't need that much air and will just run a little pancake compressor being powered off the generator unit.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I run Miller Pro 300s. Plenty of 240 power. When I need an extra welder I plug in an XMT to the 240v outlet and boom... 2 guys can weld off one machine.

WishinIWerFishin

Reaction score
My personal machine is an older Lincoln SAE300, copper wound and smooth as butter. At work I use a Ranger 275 and I like it a lot too but the my 300 is more consistent.

WishinIWerFishin

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, DC machines are useless IMO. My 300 has 120v output and can be wired for 220v. The early 300's were DC only....

moose99psd

Reaction score
With the hay thrlat runs through our machines we have to run ac on anything hay touches first to break the magnetism it creates.. I hate ac rod almost more than stainless rod.....

sent from some haybarn

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I have a bunch of SA200's. They are good for structural when you can fly them up on top of a building and burn rod all day.

Useless on a truck though. We quit buying DC machines in the late 90's and started buying Vantages (junk) and then Pro 300's. Still have the SA200's because they just wont die lol

Binder man

Reaction score
Well I picked up a older 8KW bobcat with a Onan which I like, with 17 hours on it and a IR dual stage compressor with a new Kohler motor for 2K...I dont think I got hurt :D

Members online

No members online now.