5k vs 6k

DieselP814

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere about this but i can't decide between the two. I'm going with the retro solutions kit. I know all manufactures kits are different with there color charts so its making it hard to choose. I read somewhere someone had a RS kit 5k and he thought 6k was more pure white and brighter and on there website 5k is warm white and 6k is cool white which sounds like it should be brighter what's your guys thoughts and inputs.

superstroked

Reaction score
I had 6k and they color seemed to wash out the line of vision . Switched to 5k and couldn't be happier. I would even consider going warmer in the future. JMO

DieselP814

Reaction score
Thanks man yeah I just said the heck with it and went 5k. Figured I didn't wanna look those people who wish they had HID'd with the blue bulbs lol

QtrHorse

Reaction score
There is no difference in lumen output until you get down to around 4500 kelvin. The higher kelvin temperatures tend to look brighter to the eye even though they are not. As stated, the higher kelvins will wash out the colors and have more glare. Sunlight is around 5700 but is a perfect CRI. The problem with HID kits and LED kits is that they rarely list the CRI rating which is what makes colors look more natural. The higher the CRI rating the more natural colors will look.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.