Anyone cleaned the ebp tube?????????

zilla68

Reaction score
And if you did, what gains did you see if any?

Mines never been cleaned, its got 174 on the clock, is it time?

cj45lc

Reaction score
I'll be taking mine apart next week, found the sensor on e-bay for $35 so I'm gonna wait til it comes in case the one on there is plugged up. The tube on mine looks to be good on the outside with 190k

AzPsd55

Reaction score
I did mine with only 110k on the truck and I could barley see into it. Be carfull when you do it because they get really weak over time, I ended up breaking mine.
And had to go to ford and pay like 60 just for the tube. You won't see any noticeable difference in power or anything. But with it clean you have piece of mind knowing its clean and that sensor works.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
A piece of cable in the drill works pretty good to rotorooter those out.

zilla68

Reaction score
I had read that a clogged line or sensor can cause performance issues and loss of mpg, that is what I'm looking for, to see if anyone saw a mpg gain after cleaning.

zilla68

Reaction score
also, can it be removed with out removing anything else? on mine it seems to be behind the alternator snaking down to the bottom side, does it just pull out top or bottom when disconnected?

Tom S

Reaction score
also, can it be removed with out removing anything else? on mine it seems to be behind the alternator snaking down to the bottom side, does it just pull out top or bottom when disconnected?

I think you can snake it out. Some of the 97s have it up front like the SD I think.

Tom

Peroni

Reaction score
My 97 has it same place as the SD trucks. Mine was plugged solid at 70K and it got replaced with one made from heavy wall stainless tube.

cj45lc

Reaction score
Took mine off yesterday & it was packed solid at the fitting where the sensor screws in & the sensor itself was packed. Started truck with sensor removed & felt very little if any pressure out of the tube. Took the tube off & cleaned it with brake kleen & weedwacker line, it wasn't too bad & the fitting into the exhaust manifold was clear. The fitting that the tube & sensor connect to was a pia started with a piece of wire then twisted drill bits with my fingers through the sh!t. After I reconnected the tube started engine & had plenty of pressure, put new sensor back & I hope my mpg's come back.
I'm glad I went ahead & got a new sensor because I really don't think I could have gotten the soot out of the old one w/o screwing it up. I don't know how much digging around in there the sensor could stand.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I cleaned mine at 218,000 and it wasn't clogged. Blasted iit with brake clean and put it back in. I also put in a new sensor for the hell of it. I noticed a difference in power. It was pretty noticeable. She had a lot more pick up from a stop.

Latest posts

Members online