power window thought

eric.davis

Reaction score
Most of us have the auto down for the drivers side window but what about putting that same swich in all the button slots to make them all auto down. My wifes suv is that way and when we had our '06 jetta tdi it has the auto up/down which I loved.

Would it be as simple as getting the switch. I assume it has a relay in order to function this way. Just a thought.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Shone has this feature for the front (I think) through his aftermarket alarm system.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I would love to have it for the front 2 windows. good idea ;)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
How does the switch know when to kick the motor out. I would Hate to see someone burn a window motor out

eric.davis

Reaction score
I would love to at least have my front windows auto down but if we could get auto up as well it would be that much sweeter. I curious if it would be as easy as just plug and play.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Its either got to have a timer, or some sort of resistance kick out of some sort. I dont know, wish i could find a schematic of that part of the electrical system

Spatel23

Reaction score
I have the auto up/down with one touch on all 4 windows and I really like it.

My alarm install made it possible with window modules. If I get out of the truck and leave the windows down, when I arm the alarm all the windows will automatically roll up.

From what I remember they are on some sort of timer

Humphrey99

Reaction score
I've had the same thought too. Our 2007 Mustang has auto up/down on both sides and I wondered if it would be as easy as a switch change or if there was more to it. I never really went any further than that though.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
On my RX-8 there is a module under the dash that controls this feature. It also allows me to roll the windows down by pushing the unlock button twice and holding it on the second push. It works off of a timer.

Shone, what kinda alarm system do you have installed?

skew12

Reaction score
There's got to be replacement parts for it, just for the instances where the oem parts fail on the driver door window. Those should be able to be put on the other windows IMO. maybe that can be rewired.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online