Injectors

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
All my injectors passed the buzz test. Then did a contribution test and my #5 and #7 showed low hi something or another I cant really remember. But it said they were just weakening. I need to scan it again to get the code numbers.

My question is, is A-1 Cardone or AC delco a good stock injector replacement? Can I replace just these 2 injectors? I plan on in about 10 months or so getting stage 1's or 2's, but for now I cant afford that due to having to get some other supporting mods with them. So for now I need some stock replacements just for these 2, so they dont take a dump on me. And Im trying to find a good stock replacement. Thanks.

Tom S

Reaction score
All my injectors passed the buzz test. Then did a contribution test and my #5 and #7 showed low hi something or another I cant really remember. But it said they were just weakening. I need to scan it again to get the code numbers.

My question is, is A-1 Cardone or AC delco a good stock injector replacement? Can I replace just these 2 injectors? I plan on in about 10 months or so getting stage 1's or 2's, but for now I cant afford that due to having to get some other supporting mods with them. So for now I need some stock replacements just for these 2, so they dont take a dump on me. And Im trying to find a good stock replacement. Thanks.

Does the truck run OK or is it running bad?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Seems to be running ok other then because of where im living now for school (Blairsville PA) its very hilly and its a big altitude change from Indiana. So the truck does "drive different over here. But other then that it runs fine.

Now becasue it runs fine my last thoughts were to just keep driving it and be easy on it till next year rolls around. Thanks for the input.

BTW my name is Jordan Black*** I friended you on FB a while back.

TURTLE

Reaction score
I would like to know more about these codes as well. I had the same codes pop up I think for ths same cyl.'s as well. Truck runs fine though. Sometimes its a little lopey. But besides that its fine.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Seems to be running ok other then because of where im living now for school (Blairsville PA) its very hilly and its a big altitude change from Indiana. So the truck does "drive different over here. But other then that it runs fine.

Now becasue it runs fine my last thoughts were to just keep driving it and be easy on it till next year rolls around. Thanks for the input.

BTW my name is Jordan Black*** I friended you on FB a while back.

Why did you scan it to begin with?

FWIW - if it runs and drives OK - and you want to upgrade in a few months - hold off and wait - just be aware of how your truck is running and make note if there are any drastic changes.

TURTLE

Reaction score
Could those codes have anything to do with electrical problems or modifications from the IDM?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I got something to think about. It also coded "low high pressure ICP sensor. Correct me if im wrong but could a bad icp sensor make you fail or show codes during a contribution test?

And yes hotrodtractor thats what I will prolly do. It runs just fine cept for what i said about it handling over here in the hills. Hopefully a new icp sensor will fix it.

and yes, pulled the icp sensor and its oil soaked.

My buddy in his 00 7.3 had UVCH codes. And it started barely missing almost at idle. His ICP sensor is also oil soaked so we are hopeing some new sensors will clear up both our troubles.

went to the nearest Ford dealership today and thier technision said $129.XX for the ICP sensor. Sound like a good price?

JD3020

Reaction score
A leaky ICP sensor shouldn't mess with anything. AFAIK they don't really "go bad" over-time, they just go out. Mine was covered in oil and was just fine for a long time. One night on a double date(kinda) it went out in the ghetto. No joke we passed hookers, drug dealers, and some other "colorful" people while i was out of my seat pushing the throttle through the firewall trying to climb a small hill at 10mph, losing speed, on a couple cylinders with a pretty CEL. Limped her home on a couple cylinders(didn't know what the problem was at the time). Next day i threw a new ICP sensor on, and it was running like normal again. No change from before the ICP sensor went out.

And if your buddies truck is throwing UVCH codes, then i'd inspect all the connections and wires before spending $130 on something that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
A leaky ICP sensor shouldn't mess with anything. AFAIK they don't really "go bad" over-time, they just go out. Mine was covered in oil and was just fine for a long time. One night on a double date(kinda) it went out in the ghetto. No joke we passed hookers, drug dealers, and some other "colorful" people while i was out of my seat pushing the throttle through the firewall trying to climb a small hill at 10mph, losing speed, on a couple cylinders with a pretty CEL. Limped her home on a couple cylinders(didn't know what the problem was at the time). Next day i threw a new ICP sensor on, and it was running like normal again. No change from before the ICP sensor went out.

And if your buddies truck is throwing UVCH codes, then i'd inspect all the connections and wires before spending $130 on something that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Ok man thanks for the input. On my buds truck we havent ruled out any faulty wiring on the harness. havent has time to pull the valve covers.

as for mine im gonna see what changing the sensor will do. The truck runs fine with the leaky sensor and the codes on the 2 injectors. So the ICP sensor is all Ill do for now.

Latest posts

Members online