Jet Fuel

willholl79

Reaction score
Anybody here ever run a mixture of jet fuel in a powerstroke? My brother has a nearly unlimited supply and they run a 50/50 mix in heavy equipment. He's want to try some in his 6.0.

Mdub707

Reaction score
There is no way I'd run it. It's basically like Kerosene isn't it? All really really dry fuel? Not on a 6.0 fuel system... we have a hard enough time keeping injectors happy. I wouldn't be opposed to possibly mixing it in my WVO tank though... but I really don't knwo much about it.

I'm awaiting other responses on this...

Mdub707

Reaction score
^^^that's what I was thinking. Mixing it with filtered waste atf or WVO to give it a little more lubirication.

Mixing it with WVO would work. I would never run this in my diesel tank however. I have, however, mixed a small amount of Kero into my vegistroke tank.

rsr911

Reaction score
I have always understood that JetB and Kero have less lubricity than D2 so I can agree with you on that Mdub707. I've run a little JetB in the past but not much. I've run a lot of HHO (home heating oil). My rule of thumb is to use these fuels as thinners for waste oil. I've completely switched to WMO at this point and mostly run "W85" 85%WMO/15%RUG. I've got a drum of HHO that I'm saving for next winter though for additional thinning.

On the subject of dry fuels, I've heard of but never seen an "artic pump" for the IDI's supposely has key parts hardened for use with dry fuels such as winter diesel.

whitejohn

Reaction score
i have heard of alot of guys that work at airports running a tank full of jet and adding a quart of 2 cycle to it for lubrication

mattymx

Reaction score
Anybody here ever run a mixture of jet fuel in a powerstroke? My brother has a nearly unlimited supply and they run a 50/50 mix in heavy equipment. He's want to try some in his 6.0.

Jet fuel can be run in the HEUI PSD's with out any worries as long as you add lubrication to the fuel. I have used it in my trucks with 2ounces of 2 stroke premix per gallon of Jet-A. The fuel was free so I went for it. If I were having to pay for the Jet-A, I would not bother getting any. Jet-a has a lower BTU content than pure #2 and you will see a decrease in MPG's. nothing too drastic, but I did see a good 20% loss in MPG.

Running Jet-A in a 6.4 or 6.7 PSD is something I have no experience with and will not advise or warn against. While the CR system is made for ULSD, Jet-A is even drier and I dont know the if the CR pump or the exhaust system can handle the oil needed to lubricate the fuel.....

Latest posts

Members online