Performance Diesel Shop in Tampa FL area

03silvertj

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a shop in the Tampa area? I would prefer that they were comparable to the site sponsors here like MPD, RCD, or Rudys. They are just quite the hike for me.

I'm aware of Southern Diesel Performance in Lakeland. They appear to be more of a Cummins oriented shop. However, does anyone have any experience with them? Knowledge? Customer Service?

There is another shop I found that seems to be more of a fabrication/lift kit installation shop. Called Hardcore Truck Fab. Owners name is Kyle I believe. Anyone know about these guys? Dealings? Satisfied with any work preformed?

Last question is if you think it would be worth is to just take the truck Rudys? They are the closest to me in regards to site sponsors. Drive it up and fly back type of deal here. What do you guys think? I want to least amount of headache here. I hate dealing with shady mechanics (don't we all). I want good quality work and good customer service.

I wish I had the ability to work on the truck myself, but just can't facilitate that in my garage. A little easier to do with my wrangler, but the one ton truck... Not so much.

Thanks for any feedback!

Kyle

Snake

Reaction score
What are your goals for the truck? What work are you looking to have done?

I've heard a lot of bad things about Hardcore Truck Fab and Southern Diesel. Certainly not where I'd take my truck.

03silvertj

Reaction score
Honestly, nothing too ridiculous. At least compared to some of the builds going on around here. I would like a solid reliable 700hp truck. Something that is daily drivable and something I could still tow with. Also as clean as possible, I'm not looking to draw attention due to the smoke.

I also haven't heard amazing things about those two places either. Which is why I was digging here.

03silvertj

Reaction score
Josh,

Thats not bad! I was just checking out your website. I don't see Elite listed as a manufacture you deal with (unless I missed it). That is the route I am leaning at least for turbos and the tranny. Do you deal with them at all?

Kyle

03silvertj

Reaction score
Pm'd ya back! Thanks Josh :thumbsup:

Still am interested to hear feedback of shops in FL if anyone knows of one. Its looking like they are a unicorn. (Yea, I just used the word "unicorn" on a diesel performance forum. Apologies in advance.)

Lang

Reaction score
There is a shop over there that's a sponsor here! Jonathon from NLTD comes down once a year to live tune etc. Believe Whites Diesel? Give me a bit to search

Snake

Reaction score
I'm an hour north of them, but the name doesn't sound familiar. Not saying they're a bad shop though. Just never heard of them.

If it were me and I had a 6.4? I'd figure out a way to get it to Rudy's.

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
There's Central Florida Diesel Performance in Cocoa, however I have no experience with them or have heard anything about them. I have seen a pretty nice 6.4 running around that area with their logo on the back window. Haven't been able to catch him for a chat yet though

Jbenso127

Reaction score
There's Central Florida Diesel Performance in Cocoa, however I have no experience with them or have heard anything about them. I have seen a pretty nice 6.4 running around that area with their logo on the back window. Haven't been able to catch him for a chat yet though

I would not recommend taking it there. The shop is in my home town of cocoa fl, and I know the owner personally, and his knowledge if 6.4 is subpar. If you're trying to stay close, check out first coast diesel performance.. Also some site members in Florida that could help a lending hand. OP, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or text me.. 3215076510.

03silvertj

Reaction score
There is a shop over there that's a sponsor here! Jonathon from NLTD comes down once a year to live tune etc. Believe Whites Diesel? Give me a bit to search

Do you have any personal experience with them? I didn't see that White's was a site sponsor. I do see that NLTD is though.

I'm an hour north of them, but the name doesn't sound familiar. Not saying they're a bad shop though. Just never heard of them.

If it were me and I had a 6.4? I'd figure out a way to get it to Rudy's.

At this point I'm still leaning that way. Rudy's or Darkhorse. I have not found any negative feedback regarding Darkhorse, and believe me I looked.

Thanks! I'll look them up.

I would not recommend taking it there. The shop is in my home town of cocoa fl, and I know the owner personally, and his knowledge if 6.4 is subpar. If you're trying to stay close, check out first coast diesel performance.. Also some site members in Florida that could help a lending hand. OP, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or text me.. 3215076510.

Ahhh, I seem to remember them from looking around in the past. I'll pm you.

Snake

Reaction score
Actually, First Coast Diesel Performance might be another option. I'd still put Rudy's at the top of the list though.

03silvertj

Reaction score
Yea, they seem to be pretty legit, though there website is lacking. I remember reading about them a while back on the .org I think. Also nothing negative that I can find... So far.

Latest posts

Members online