How much fluid does an E4OD hold?

~NASTYSTROKER96~

Reaction score
im gunna change the fluid in my tranny today but not sure how much it holds since the truck never had an owners manual. does anyone know how much it holds?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
when i changed mine i poured in 4 gallons then about another quart. so get 5 gallon jugs then you will have a little left over of you make a mess

~NASTYSTROKER96~

Reaction score
i went to advance auto and found out that it held 16 quarts so i got 15 since i aint draining the torque converter, i put 9 in and that over filled it and had to drain some from the transcooler.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i know the 4r100 pan has a plug and the same bolt pattern. you could do that also. but definately drain the converter theres about 8-10 qts in it. just have someone bump the starter until you see it and go to town.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
my truck had 210 on it when i did it. who knows when it was last changed LOL it was the first time i did it so i wanted it all out. also, watch your face when you pull the filter out. more fluid comes out LOL

~NASTYSTROKER96~

Reaction score
yea luckily my face wasnt under it, i left a mess on the driveway from the filter lol there was about 50K on that fluid. the last time it was changed was when the tranny was replaced, it shifts A WHOLE LOT smoother now, this is the smoothest its ever shifted, i never want to drop that pan again lol pain in the butt!!!

Latest posts

Members online