Precision turbo drop in for my gt4202r??

Klutch

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Precision chime in please!!

Is their a Precision turbo that would be a direct drop in for my gt4202r. My 42 has a vband outlet on the compressor as well as the inlet on the exhaust(Tial). I was thinking of a GTX4508r with a Tial 1.30 exhaust housing and a GTX42 compressor housing just so I didn't have to change my intake. But it looks like Precision has a lot of options. Something with a 82mm or bigger wheel?

Thanks.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok

On the first turbo the 82 or whatever i think it will work but i dont know how they measure the turbine wheel, garrett says the 42 is a 82mm wheel, and precision says theres is an 85mm wheel, depends on inducer or exducer measurement if that will work.

ON the second turbo, i think its way to big to fit in the valley, it says it uses a gt47 style housing, and i think thats just way to big.

What i used for the DPC was a 76mm precision and it would suck the filter minder in instantly, even at about half the boost of my gt4294 i ran as a single, could i drive the turbo hard enough... i dont think i had the fuel for it. but in a twin set up i think it would be nasty.

This is the turbo i used, it says 85mm turbine so i think it would use the tial housing
http://www.precisionturbo.net/Stree...and-Race-Turbocharger---PT7685-GT42-Style/282

but then it might have been this turbo that i used with a smaller turbin wheel

http://www.precisionturbo.net/Stree...and-Race-Turbocharger---PT7675-GT42-Style/280

Dzchey21

Reaction score
after looking i think it was the 7675 that i used because i had a precision .98 housing on that turbo, the 7684 doesnt show that small of a housing, so im betting that the 84mm turbines are based off of a gt45 instead of a 42, which you can use but your exhaust housing wont work

Klutch

Reaction score
Cool, I'm up for purchasing whatever in favor of more air. Like I said I'm considering the gtx45 which would require me to get a different compressor and exhaust housing for it to be a drop in. Just curious if there is a better option than the gtx45. Or should I just go with your original idea and see what EDE can offer?? I think I would be happy with the gtx45, but if I'm spending money, I might as well get as much as I can..

Thanks for your input.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Up to you. I think if it were me I would get a precision unit if you can reguadless

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm.pretty positive that's a gt45 turbine housing. I think it would be a good choice honestly as long as the compressor housing is the same as the 42. I would run a 1.15 or 1.28 housing on the exhaust side.