emulsifed diesel

glamis

Reaction score
a buddy gave a 50 gallons of D2 red die
but it's cloudy,and the color isnt as red as it ought to be
the fule smells weak,and also has a gasoline smell

so i think it has some gas,and some emulsifed water in it.
what do i do to get the water out ?
it sat for like a month before i picked it up and the water didnt fall out
can i mix in some rug and make it fall out ??
or do i have to go buy some kind of water seperator ???

david

genie144

Reaction score
If you knew what was actually in the fuel... And knew it was water... You could boil it out, but I don't know as far as a mystery solution if I would do it.

Sam

glamis

Reaction score
WOW...

You guys just dont care what you throw in your tanks do you?

Scary!

it's 200.00 dollers worth of fuel,all i have to do is get the water out..
I'm glad your ignorant and scared to do it,more for me..

but what i dont understand is why you even come to this section,except to be a douchbag and talk sh!t,go eat a bowl of d!ck

Last edited:

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Glamis, I'm all for running WMO and stuff but, daaayyuummmm you have no idea what is already blended in it. You son are playing with fire. Stick with a clean source for oil. Its not going to save you cash if you start taking out parts.

glamis

Reaction score
Glamis, I'm all for running WMO and stuff but, daaayyuummmm you have no idea what is already blended in it. You son are playing with fire. Stick with a clean source for oil. Its not going to save you cash if you start taking out parts.

they have generators
theres not too much that could be in it,in my opnion
it's red,just a little cloudy,i think with water
it smells like diesel with a hint of gasolone
perfect to blend with w85

wheres christian when you need him

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I said what are you running it in? What year of truck?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Wouldn't you think it to be ok? I ran some pretty stupid $hit through my 6.0 never skipped a beat. Well, untill i killed it.

glamis

Reaction score
Wouldn't you think it to be ok? I ran some pretty stupid $hit through my 6.0 never skipped a beat. Well, untill i killed it.

no water is a huge no,no
it will explode in the injector tips before they try to inject it

Mdub707

Reaction score
I realize we all run alt fuels to save money, but at some point you have to know when to walk away. I get some jugs of veggie oil with some stuff in them I can't recognize... I just dump it away and forget about, move on to another batch when I can. It's just not worth ruining an expensive fuel system.

If you smell gas in there already, and it was indeed water, wouldn't the RUG have helped to separate them already? I'd be REALLY nervous about doing anything other than throwing that stuff out. $200 of fuel... is it really worth it? You don't even know IF you have $200 worth of fuel... you could have $100 worth of fuel and god knows what mixed in with it...

glamis

Reaction score
ok what do you guys think could be mixed in that would cause you to throw it away ?
i already use oil that has all this in it
15-40,atf, gear oil,brake clean(trace amounts)some water,hydrolic oil
what could possably be in this fuel,that i already dont burn ???

im not trying to argue with anyone
just trying to see it from your pointe of view

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't burn any of those things...

You know you burn water and brake clean, and that doesn't bother you? Water should get absolutely no where in to your fuel system. It is detimental to pump surfaces and injectors.

It's not even so much what we think might be in there that would cause me to throw it away, the simple fact that you DON'T know what's in there, would cause me to throw it away. Is it really worth it? How much money will you save by burning this? How much could it potentially cost to fix, not to mention the headache in itself of having to fix it, the down time of the truck, the yelling wife, the purchasing of beer, the loss of a socket down into the frame somewhere...

Just thinking out loud man. You're just braver than I, I guess.

For me, it just boils down to NOT KNOWING what is in there, and you may never actually know.

I know some guys that have accidentally run boil-out (a cleaning agent that some restaurants use to clean their deep fryers) in their system. This is quality oil that was filtered down to .5 micron area, and it didn't make it a full tank and all 8 injectors needed to be replaced.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The only thing I dont run is tranny fluid because it kills injectors. But i have a 6.0.
Mdub you need to understand that the people that do burn this in there trucks take the most precationary steps in doing so. No one that i know on these forums has just said "i think ill burn this in my truck" without doing EXSTENSIVE research. I myself researched the topic for atlest 6 months before i would even burn 20% wmo. The fact is that as harmful as it seems to you, you havent done the research that so many have. Thats why your bringing this into question so much I think. They know the potential dangers and the benefits. We read about them all the time so, You just gotta leave glamis alone before he gets pissed. I think your already grating his nevers. He knows what he is doing.

RBernardi

Reaction score
I don't know anything about alternate fuels really, but our shop mechanic pulled red dye out of our offshore pumps that run red dye year round no problem. He didn't filter it, and ran 2 tanks of it. Then had to replace his injectors he said because of water in the red dye. Since then he filters it with I believe 3 micron filters and hasn't had a problem. Probably no help but that's all I know first hand.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Red diesel is the same as what you get from the pump except its red. Its more suceptable to water because of its usage.

Latest posts

Members online