New ruck but has warranty with chip on it?

06f3506.0

Reaction score
Well I was gonna murder out the truck " project murder" but my buddie told me about a 6.0 local ford dealer has it's sweet 07 f350 48k, 4 door short bed lifted 22,s 37s lift. It has egr delete arps. It had 5 in straight pipe edge juice with attitude! I asked him if something happened to the truck do u still cover it with warranty with mods. He said why wouldnt I? All the dealers stand by warranty just take the chip off duh! WTF is up with that guy do you think he was just saying that for me to buy it or are they really that tuner friendly? If that's the case I'm buying a sct and turning that bit&h up!:wtf:

chappy

Reaction score
Sounds like it . Some dealers are friendly some aren't when it comes to tuners. Honestly though if you are gonna put a tuner on it why would you try to stick ford with a warrenty bill if its a problem caused by the tuner? I just don't understand that mentality I guess. If you wanna play then you should be ready to pay not expect someone else to. Not trying to be a dick but anything else that wasn't affected by the tuner then sure,have them warrenty it. Example plugged oil cooler,crapped out ficm. Those would not be affected by the tuner so they should pay.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sounds like it . Some dealers are friendly some aren't when it comes to tuners. Honestly though if you are gonna put a tuner on it why would you try to stick ford with a warrenty bill if its a problem caused by the tuner? I just don't understand that mentality I guess. If you wanna play then you should be ready to pay not expect someone else to. Not trying to be a dick but anything else that wasn't affected by the tuner then sure,have them warrenty it. Example plugged oil cooler,crapped out ficm. Those would not be affected by the tuner so they should pay.

Where do you draw the line? How you can you prove the oil cooler didn't fail because of extreme temps of running a tuner? It's kind of a gray area there, but either way I get what you're saying.

It's not like this guy is trying to doop Ford, his dealer told him it was OK!!!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Sort of a different situation with this, but this was my experience with my current truck.

I bought my truck used with an air raid intake and magnaflow dpf back exhaust from a ford dealer with extended warranty. Well the egr happened to stick when I had the dpf and doc back on to get inspected. So I took it to the dealer with the exhaust and intake on it as that was how I bought it.

They made me buy a stock intake as they said it "flowed so much air it threw the computers off." I bought one off a junkyard truck, took it to them and they proceeded to work like nothing happened.

I don't know what their angle was; if they were being truthful, trying to cover their ass, or tryin to juice me for an $800 intake(wtf!). All I do know, is the dpf back section was not stock and they didnt say a thing about it, or the soot in it.

Take what you want from that, but I'd find a stock truck, as it would be easier and you've got to assume the modded truck like that has been beat.

06f3506.0

Reaction score
I didnt mean anyway as in trying to get around tuning my truck I was just wondering if some really don't care. And if they didn't why not take advantage of the opportunity

Mdub707

Reaction score
Some really don't care. I've personally seen trucks wrote up for bad headgaskets/egr cooler/oil cooler the whole 9, on a perfectly good working truck. They roll back out of the shop with ARP's, EGR delete setups and what not. Said dealer, stocks ARP studs, and liberator EGR deletes. You buy those parts from them, you get them put in on Ford's dime... a little dirty if you ask me, but I know a few happy guys driving 6.0's because of it. The trucks don't go back in over and over and over for the same repairs either, because the shop did it right the first time. So while they might be putting the blinders on to Ford, I bet in the long run it saves them some coin.

I also know dealers that will do it legitimately, unlike the other "said dealership". I've had studs put in under warranty, after my gaskets blew initially. I've also had them taken out under warranty after those blew...

Some dealers wouldn't look at my truck cause I had gauges, and stacks. I've also had some try to blame issues on my vegistroke (which I did not hide in any way), then when I show up, they covered it under warranty!?

It's a crap shoot. Try and find a tech in your area and become GOOD friends with him. A tech buddy of mine gave me some good advice before: "Tell the service manager as little as possible, and the technician as much as possible". I give this tech a printed list of every mod on my truck, he wants to know so when he has to pull the cab he doesn't damage things like trans temp cable, or EGT probe, or anything of that sort. The tech is the guy out there turning the wrenches, not the service manager!

Last edited:

bdavis91

Reaction score
Try and find a tech in your area and become GOOD friends with him. A tech buddy of mine gave me some good advice before: "Tell the service manager as little as possible, and the technician as much as possible". The tech is the guy out there turning the wrenches, not the service manager!

BINGO :flipa:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Think the dealer won't know, or that they can't void your warranty for mods? What do you think of this article from Speed:Sport:Life?

Speed:Sport:Life Don?t Panic! The Warranty-Voiding TSB Really Isn?t That Big of a Deal Speed:Sport:Life

No one is disagreeing with that. We all know they could void the warranty, but some of the dealerships just do not care and WILL do work under warranty, on a vehicle that clearly should not be warrantied. I've seen it happen numerous times.

Latest posts

Members online