Which UpPipe should I go with?

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Still trying to get all my ducks in a row for when the truck goes in for studs. Deleting the EGR as well, so I'm trying to decide what to do with the uppipe. My goal for the truck is long term reliability, so I want to know what my best option is for the uppipe, after the EGR delete. I don't think I want to just have the factory one welded up, thinking I would rather have an aftermarket pipe. Just looking for opinions, and suggestions.

Here are a few I found:

Liberator Performance $325

ford_ypipe_full.bmp

FCDP $310

Slide1.jpg

MKM Customs $119

smcegr4.1.jpg

Silverback

Reaction score
Welded stocker works great and its cheap. I'd do that last one if it were me. But if you'd like to spend the money on the fancy solid pipes they would be the most "reliable"

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Egr deletes come with a solid uppipe. Which I've heard no bad issues with.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I just like to do it right the first time. I don't need the most expensive or fanciest pipe, I just want the best one.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Just in case anyone else is needing clarity on the setup of the up-pipes (because I did lol) here is a picture of how it looks:

693ba46b.png

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
My truck came with a retarded back yard fabed egr delete. I Purchaesed Elete diesels up pipes thinking they came with the egr delete pipe. Se we made a custom one piece egr delete pipe out of two egr pipes.

I would go with the liberator pipes Lil pricy but all there stuff is expincive.
If your doing a delete and you know how to fab you can buy the bellows from toxic diesel and weld them on to your pipes. Just a thought

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
You still need some flex bro. If you got to a bigger turbo, injectors more pressure on up pipes results in blown bellows. Stock up pipes can't handle chit. So that was my reason for the upgrade

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
That's why I was a little confused. I guess I phrased that wrong. What I meant to ask was....why would they pull the bellow out of one side but not the other? Would having a bellow on just the drivers side (like the Liberator) allow enough flex? Or would it be better off with them on both sides like yours?

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
I'd think the right side would be just enough. Mine are stock ys whith up graded bellows. Like I said do some fabn and you can buy bellows from toxic and build your own a lot cheaper. Mkm egr delete kit.
And just roll with there pipe. It's pretty reliable Iv installed a ton of them never seen any problems.

chappy

Reaction score
Well I put the same exact elite uppipe in mine a month ago. It cam with the truck brand new so I did it when I did the oil cooler. I can tell you with cab on it would be a bitch with one solid side to get it in there. Its tight and I know your cab will be off but if its ever gotta come out of there with the cab on its gonna be a pain. I need to recheck mine to see if its leaking sometime. I know with only one bellow that its not gonna flex for crap trying to get the turbo in and out in the future. It barley flexs with 2 bellows let alone one being solid. That is probably the reason for one bellow. For the egr delete up pipe I only have experiance with mkm (sinister) and elites and there pretty much the same. Both seem to fit fine in there just the mkm one is stainless so it will be the better looking piece of uppipe in a year or two.

Last edited:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I run solid pipe on my truck, no issues, just make sure its fabbed on the motor. I've blown a couple bellows and there are not nice to change

Mdub707

Reaction score
There is some confusing info here, do you want to just replace the single up-pipe section where the egr cooler mounts? Most EGR deletes come with that solid up-pipe, and they work fine. I'm using an RCD setup, got it for $185 shipped for the whole kit up-pipe included. There are plenty of others, most are just copies of someone elses anyways.

You can also weld the stocker, but I usually don't recommend that, because the EGR cooler actually supports the stocker, so with it gone, the stock one can flex a lot more, and will crack probably fairly soon after the cooler is out. For the cost of a pipe, it's not worth doing the work twice.

You can also do a full setup like the liberator you posted. I know Innovative offers them, and so does Elite (Innovative probably sells elite parts or something along those lines) and you can completely eliminate all of the factory piping from the manifold to the turbo. Is it necessary though? Not sure...

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I agree it did get a little confusing. I'm looking to replace the lower part for sure. But I'm open to doing the full replacement as well.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Right, they're pretty much all the same when it comes to that replacement pipe, just make sure it's SS. I know a few companies sell them separately. Elite being one that comes to mind.

Sinister kit has some decent "bling" to it...

Again, my RCD kit was $185 shipped on ebay, seen some a little lower than that even. I see no-name kits that look identical for about $150 or so....

Just depends what you want to do, either replace the whole setup, or just that up-pipe section on the passenger side. I don't see you really having any issues with either choice.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I bought the sinister because that piece is the only thing I needed and the only thing I could get overnighted at the time. I could have cared less about the bling. LOL

Latest posts

Members online