Flip down video screen

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend?

Looking for one to put in the excursion for the rear 2 rows. Looking for VGA input so I can hook it to my car PC and IR capability as well.

08Monster

Reaction score
I would love one for the overhead rail system in my F150.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I definitely am going to install one, just not sure which one to go with.

Was hoping someone on here would have some experience with them and could point me in the right direction.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383769110.889223.jpg

Pioneer 12" flip down. Has HD and auxiliary connections. Came with 2 wireless headphones and remote. Also have 2 head rest screens just haven't had them installed yet.

Damn thing is a life saver on a long trip with the youngin.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Is 12 inch big enough? Only reason I ask is because I have the 3rd row in the excursion and want to make sure it will be big enough to be view able from there.

I always liked pioneer stuff. Are you happy with it? Any issues?

Also does it have hdmi? or just the a/v connectors?

Does it have a built in DVD player or is it just the screen. I am looking for just a screen as my car pc will be my video player

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Is 12 inch big enough? Only reason I ask is because I have the 3rd row in the excursion and want to make sure it will be big enough to be view able from there.

I always liked pioneer stuff. Are you happy with it? Any issues?

Also does it have hdmi? or just the a/v connectors?

Does it have a built in DVD player or is it just the screen. I am looking for just a screen as my car pc will be my video player

Actually I'm an idiot and forgot to measure diagonally it's 14" and yes it has HDMI inputs.

Mine has the built in player as you can see in the pic I'm playing 2 different movies at one time. I would go for the built in because if I'm on a long trip and using my navigation on my head unit or listening to Bluetooth audio my daughter can watch her cartoon in the back with a wireless headset or my wife sometimes will watch a movie up front while my daughter watches a movie. I would never change this.

The guy who installed it also ran cables both directions so I can play 2 separate movies or have the same one on both screens (soon to be 4 screens). And he ran extra HDMI cables from both units so I can hook up a PS3 at anytime and slide it under a seat.

If I were you with the third row seating I would put the flip down in the second row and headrest screens for the third row. If I'm not mistaken last year when I did this 16" flip DVD was the biggest I could get but a regular flip down screen you can get 18" or bigger.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have been looking and have not been able to find a pioneer flip down video screen anywhere???

Any link to where I can get more info on it?

Thanks for the help

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would appreciate it if it is not to much of a hassle.

The main reason I don't need a dvd player built into the unit is I am installing a car PC and will have the dvd drive incorporated into the computer.